Matlacha And Pine Island Are Covered With These Guys

Florida Sportsman

Matlacha And Pine Island Are Covered With These Guys

March was just an amazingly great month for reds in both PI Sound and Matlacha Pass, easily the best fishing I've ever had for them since I've been chartering around here. I had a lot of fly anglers recently and the sight fishing in the Pineland area was exceptional.

I didn't find much tailing action but lots of fish were schooled up over the grass during the rising tides and couldn't resist a well placed crab pattern or Deceiver.

When the tide flooded we'd hit the bushes with live shrimp or Gulps and that's where some really nice redfish were hiding. My good friend Gary Eblen and his wife Steph nailed this 30 incher on a shrimp not far from Useppa.

An added bonus has been a pile of snook cruising right along with all the reds on these same shorelines. Gulps worked best but we had some really great strikes on white Zara Spooks.

Gotta love this warmer than usual weather and the tarpon have already made their debut in Charlotte Harbor, too. Looking forward to an amazing April.

What a great report...nice job.

www.Tri-TownConstruction.com

Let's turn this economy around! BUY AMERICAN!

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

You make it sound easy..Truth is your skill has a lot to with the success..Thanks for the report..
    larrywitt