Ecofina --- Thursday 5th April

Florida Sportsman

Ecofina --- Thursday 5th April

Put in around 9:00 AM - tide dead low -- ran North and fished in 3 to 4 foot of water that had a lot of bait pods. First fish was a good size mack, but as i didn't have my net ready he ended turning at the side of the boat and cut me off and swam away with a brand new $12.00 lure .. Fishing was red hot, lots of ladyfish, lower slot trout, couple of bluefish, kept one 22 inch trout. Moved inside to fish the river mouths as the tide was on the increase. Caught eight reds, one 24 and one 22 inch which i kept. Reds were caught on a gold spoon and one on a yazarri minnow. Lots of bait everywhere and water temperature near 75 degrees.

Last edited by charlie tuna; 04-05-2012 at 08:59 PM.

nice work
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Great day!!

Great report! Loved my Motorguide! Nice little troller, huh?

Thanks for sharing!

I love Motorguide units -- but would never buy their wireless unit. It uses too much power, and too slow to control your heading. I have two variable speed - hand controlled units on my other boat and they work great!