Vilano Beach fishing, sorta

Florida Sportsman

Vilano Beach fishing, sorta

I spent Sunday fishing with my FIL & a mutual friend in some creeks off of the ICW. I'd love to tell you where but I truly have no idea.
    They showed me the art of float fishing with live bait. Now being a "Gulf Coaster" balsa wood floats are totally new to me. Being a dedicated lure guy, live bait is as well. But I have to admit, it catches fish.

We had our limit of redfish pretty quick, all between 22-24", a decent slot trout & released a couple of short black drum. We also released quite a few other slot reds looking for some keeper blacks.
    All in all, I learned a new technique & spent some quality time with good friends.

Our reds

Good friend Andy taking care of cleaning duties

FIL Calvin hooking up the big screen getting ready for the race

Good catch!!

Dont worry you dont have to tell us where you where, we know Thats the bait shop at Aunt Kates....or how ever you spell it. I launched out of there for years when it used to be Oscars and Mikes Place.... Robinson Creek, Casa Cola, Pine Island, Salt run, Airport creek and Guana..... Bounce around them and you will find them, as long as the wind isnt 30+ mph LOL
    Nitro Performance Bass Boats

Quote Originally Posted by nitroskiff View Post
    Good catch!!

Dont worry you dont have to tell us where you where, we know Thats the bait shop at Aunt Kates....or how ever you spell it. I launched out of there for years when it used to be Oscars and Mikes Place.... Robinson Creek, Casa Cola, Pine Island, Salt run, Airport creek and Guana..... Bounce around them and you will find them, as long as the wind isnt 30+ mph LOL
    Thanks.
    That's it but I truly have no clue what creeks we fished. I fish over there 1-2 times a year, with them & don't ask questions. I don't really understand the fishery over there but no more than I get to fish there, I don't put in the time to learn it.
    I did learn that they have strange ways over there. Several folks ran through the creek between boats & the bank and everybody seemed ok with it. That sort of thing from Horseshoe to St. Marks will get a fight started.

Quote Originally Posted by reel cowboy View Post
    Thanks.
    That's it but I truly have no clue what creeks we fished. I fish over there 1-2 times a year, with them & don't ask questions. I don't really understand the fishery over there but no more than I get to fish there, I don't put in the time to learn it.
    I did learn that they have strange ways over there. Several folks ran through the creek between boats & the bank and everybody seemed ok with it. That sort of thing from Horseshoe to St. Marks will get a fight started.
    Its sad, but this kind of thing happens every day. To many people on the water here in NE.
    Nitro Performance Bass Boats