Bent Engine Bracket

Florida Sportsman

Bent Engine Bracket

I'm the third owner of a 2002 2350 and after paying some close attention to the Stainless Marine engine bracket while on the sandbar this weekend, it seems to be bent. The area where the motor is bolted to seems sit lower or be bent down and the forward portion and sides sit higher and slope towards the engine. I'm sure this is not the normal configuration. The motor seems to sit too low in the water while running and this may be contributing to the problem.

Is there anything that can be done to "straighten" the bracket? I haven't yet contacted Stainless Marine but if I need to replace it, will they take my old one back for a credit? It should be worth a few bucks in aluminum. I'l try to snap a photo sometime this week,

Thanks,
    Freddie

That's strange... What is the motor that's hanging on it? Was it repowered with a heavy 4-stroke? If you have not done so already, I'd suggest calling Bluewater. They are always very helpful with things like this. I doubt you could straighten the bracket if it truly is bent, and I'm sure you'd be out of any warranty period for the bracket itself. They went to using Armstrong brackets not too long after 2002. Do you have any available holes to mount the motor higher than it is now? I know the earlier 2350's tended to be a bit aft heavy. Worst case scenario, if you did have to replace the whole bracket, you could go with a larger, more bouyant bracket and it may improve how the boat sits and rides. First thing I'd do is ring Bluewater. 772.464.3735. Paul or anyone on his team should be able to help you out. Keep us posted.

-Chad

Thanks for the info! The motor is original (Yamaha F225) and it's always sat low in the water (since 2010 when I purchased the boat). I do have one more hole that I could move the motor up. I'll call Bluewater and see what they can tell me.

Thanks,
    Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by ChadJ55 View Post
    That's strange... What is the motor that's hanging on it? Was it repowered with a heavy 4-stroke? If you have not done so already, I'd suggest calling Bluewater. They are always very helpful with things like this. I doubt you could straighten the bracket if it truly is bent, and I'm sure you'd be out of any warranty period for the bracket itself. They went to using Armstrong brackets not too long after 2002. Do you have any available holes to mount the motor higher than it is now? I know the earlier 2350's tended to be a bit aft heavy. Worst case scenario, if you did have to replace the whole bracket, you could go with a larger, more bouyant bracket and it may improve how the boat sits and rides. First thing I'd do is ring Bluewater. 772.464.3735. Paul or anyone on his team should be able to help you out. Keep us posted.

-Chad