Opening day out of Venice

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opening day out of Venice

I was waiting for one of the guys who made it out with Joe Miller to post something, until then, I got this message from one of the guys: " All in all it was good. Joe did his usual and put us on the fish. We limited out on the grouper and caught a bunch of nice mangrove's and lane's. I hooked and fought about a 5 - 6 foot spinner shark off the back on a free line that jumped twice completely out of the water before breaking me off about 3 min later. . Saw some barracuda and caught 3 bonita as well. Almost got into a storm of fish hitting top that Joe was very excited about but we were anchored and someone was fighting a big aj at the time so we couldnt leave to go over to them.

Here is a pic of the fish. The mangroves and lanes had already been cleaned."

Nice catches man! I'm going out friday out of new pass.

Dang it man! Now the secret is out.. Oh well.. Now I have to get up extra early to get a good seat.

That is a very impressive looking catch!

I must say that this trip was a blast. Sorry for the delay. Joe is a great guy and fishermen. We caught Bonita's mangos gags rgs scamps ajs sharks and everything else imaginable. We fished from 110-140 catching the huge reds in the 120 range. Great day!!! Limits on rg

Great catch
    Do You Hunt Or Fish & Own An iPhone? http://www.TrophyRoomApp.com

Wow, that is a pile of fillets!!! Wish I coulda been there instead of having to rush home ( my son in law got crushed by a truck that rolled over him, incredibly he is back home and making a full recovery!!)

It makes me feel great to finally see a cooler full of fish we can keep. I can't wait until they open snapper and gags, going to put the hammer down, and let the boat sit a little lower in the water at days end.

Damn nice fish also that water looks rely nice!

Great fish! I'm assuming those bonitos were for bait, 'cause those things are NASTY.
    Optimism is the greatest trait a fisherman can possess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast