Coming Over in June
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

Coming Over in June

Hello everyone,
    Long time Southeast member here. Trying to plan a summer vacation and we are considering the Sanibel-Captiva area for a week in June. We will have a bay boat with us. What are the best fishing options for that time of year? Depending on which boat we bring, an offshore trip is not out of the question. The wife likes the inshore stuff more, so we will probably do a few days on the inside. Any and all help will be appreciated.

FireMedic,
    Joe P here, Fishin Magician. Sold the big boat and now pretty much fish inshore. I've been fishing SW Fla., specifically Charlotte Harbor for many years. I rent a great 2Br, 2Bath condo at Boce Grande North and will be there 5/9 -5/20. O/S fishing in Charlotte harbor and will be at the height of Tarpon, although not too intrested in them, have caught 100's over the years at Bahia Honda. If you'd like more info send me a PM with your phone.

June is a great month overall, the weather is nice usually flat. Offshore can produce magi if you find some debris (crab pots, bouys, trees etc.) Also the yellowtail bite is off the hook during this time on wrecks 40-50 miles out. Only thing is that they will shut down Amberjack for a month june-july i believe. Red grouper can be caught anywhere from 60-120 feet of water over some decent hard bottom.

Tight lines! Chris

inshore in Pine island sound near the ICW always does well for red and trout in the summer. then theres also the pass if you dont mind the circus and like tarpon.

I would love a tarpon, but I don't think I will head into Boca Grande. I will be with my wife and daughters who have limited ability to drive a boat in crowded conditions. How about the next pass south where South Seas Planation is? Not as deep as Boca Grande, does that limit the amount of tarpon there?

There are definitely tarpon in the passes south of Boca Grande. A lot more relaxing as well. Try Captiva Pass or off the beaches. Redfish pass has some good snook fishing as well. Inshore on the flats you should find some reds tailing at low tides and under the bushes at high. Good luck!