Kelly Fleet/ Haulover - Page 6

Florida Sportsman

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRPS View Post
    Still bumpy out there. 5-7'. We brought in 10 YT's, 2 mangroves, a 7lb mutton and some grunts.
    Thx for the report. Will be out there tonight, will report on what I see.

Just thought I'd share my new setup with you guys - #WINNING.

Cool setup Mikey!!! Is that on your dock?? Are you using instead of a baitpen???

Quote Originally Posted by snookyj View Post
    Cool setup Mikey!!! Is that on your dock?? Are you using instead of a baitpen???
    Thx J

Yes sir, that is on my dock, and am using it instead of my baitpen which I also use sometimes for larger baits.

In the tank I keep pinfish, pilchards, and even mullet. When I want to hold shrimp I just use the smaller tank up top. It's been working great

Went out today with Capt. Danny on the Hurricane (filling in for Capt. Richie) boated a ton of schoolie dolphin and black fin tunas. Needless to say I'm cooking up some dolphin tacos at the moment. The blue water was WAY offshore today. Seemed to have come in a bit toward the end of the day, though. The current was SCREAMING north.

On a side note there was a smaller sportfish just north of the inlet in 65' of water trolling a sailfish around. LMAO. The guys in the boat had NO idea they were hooked on. The rod was completely knocked down and the sailfish jumping all over the place as the guy just kept cruising offshore. We tried screaming out to him and everything but... I guess he didn't hear us.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

www.CaptainHeavy.com
    Instagram: @captheavy

Went out last night .... nice 5 foot rollers throughout the night.

No current at first spot, barely any current at second spot so it took a lot of finessing to get the fish to eat.

16 fish total.

Tight lines.

Screaming north current laid down around 10:30pm. Couple of tails, about 10 grovers, a lonely vermillion and two 3-4lb muttons.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

www.CaptainHeavy.com

Stayed in shallow tonight and got a bunch of red and strawberry groupers that went back in the drink and a whole lot of grunts. Brought in a bunch of undersized tails and 3 keeper YT and about 8 mangroves.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

www.CaptainHeavy.com

Even with the west wind, north current and a boat doin' 180's all night we managed about 15-20 tails, a couple grovers and some bluefish.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

www.CaptainHeavy.com

Last night was a terrible night. boated something like 4 yellowtails and some trash fish. I worked the morning shift this morning on the Hurricane and we boated a BFT and an amberjack. The Mucho K got a bunch of bonito and 2 kingfish. A strong NNW wind and a screaming North current made for some rolling seas today, around 7' in relatively shallow water (about 130)... Can't imagine what it was like way offshore today.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

www.CaptainHeavy.com

Thanks for the report. I'm out of commission for about 2 weeks or so with a recently discovered emergency transom problem. Will be back soon w/ reports when I can get out there again.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast