Delray drift 4/1/12

Florida Sportsman

Delray drift 4/1/12

Planned on a Delray to Boynton inlet drift, even staged a car at Boynton inlet. We put in at the beach in Delray water was perfect, flat and a light wind. We never got that far off only about 80ft we let the wind take us. It ended up taking us south east not the way we planned on going. The ocean had a good april fools joke by taking us the wrong way. But it ended up working out. Birds were diving all around us and bait was getting slammed on the top of the water. My bro-inlaw ended up with 2 AJ's and I was skunked. Still a great day on the water. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0547.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	26338

You will have to catch up with Hooked or Camdawg they do the delray to boynton drift.

Senior Member CrstyCptSWitherspoon's Avatar
    Is there anywhere online you can check up on what the drift is doing before you head out? I was on the boat today and the drift was so bad I couldn't even get a drop on a wreck. Had I known I would have packed he down rigger.

I looked but did not find anything about how the current is going. I did not look that hard. I thought it was always going north, but I think you have to be a little further out than we were. We we're almost a mile off. Unless the wind was blowing harder than the current was ripping.

Senior Member CrstyCptSWitherspoon's Avatar
    Did some searching and came up with this.

http://seacoos.org/Data%20Access%20a...adar/miamiwera

Potentially useful?

When do you guys plan on heading out of delray? Ill join up.

The drift can change in a hour. I look at the power boats offshore as I paddle out to get the drift on the drift