Fakahatchee Flats

Florida Sportsman

Fakahatchee Flats

Took the ole red pathfinder out with my buddy Corey Friday morning for some redfish action. We made our way into Fakahatchee bay with one mission…Redfish. Corey being the nice guy he is decided to bring down an 18 of Miller Lite and a half handle of Tennessee Honey to keep us entertained in case the fish decided not to. We went all over in Faka catching a couple reds and also catching the slack tide. We waited it out and found a nice log sticking out of a mangrove line. Instantly I was crushed and broken off. Got the Gopro mounted to my head and baited up a back up rod. I was in the water for about 30 seconds and got crushed again, and once more was broken off. Corey hooked up also and managed to pull the hook out. 3 times in a row having fish on with serious weight and losing them all. Unfortunately there was no more bite out of that hole and we moved on. Our last stop produced a couple more fish and a nice trout. Sunday I went out with my dad, brother, and the crew from Stearns Motors to do a little family fishing trip. Headed out to the 30 mile range and hit some good bottom spots. Rod being the first one to hook up pulled up a nice red grouper and from there the bite was on. I ended up catching one of those sucker fish and pulled it into the boat. My brother being the wise guy decides to stick it to my leg when I wasn’t looking. Needless to say it took some serious effort to get the thing off my leg and it left me with a nice mark the rest of the day. We fished all day until about 3:00 pm and headed in as the wind picked up. Budweiser was our finishing touch during the recap moments on the dock after a long day.

Corey's Red

Last edited by Capt. Milk; 04-02-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Mind sharing how u have your go pro mounted?
    I want to put it inthe T-Top to look back...
    Thanks

Yeah no problem, I use the head mount if I'm fishing alone or moving around a lot. For a lot of underwater and other filming I use the tripod mount and attached that by drilling a hole into a PVC conneconnecter on a 4 ft PVC pipe. Use the handle bar mount to attach it to the t top. But I stick that PVC pipe in a rod holder and aim the gopro down and it creates a cool shot from above

sweet report