PC 3/30/12 - Zero Cobia

Florida Sportsman

PC 3/30/12 - Zero Cobia

Once again headed out in hopes of finding Cobia -- Once again the Noaa forecast was very inaccurate -- terrible conditions to sight fish Cobia -- a sea of narly white caps and sloppy seas. Went straight out - went North - went South --- never saw a single Cobia anywhere. Back at the docks - was told nobody got one Cobia. Did hear a guy on the radio saying they were getting some Dolphin -not sure where they were or if it was accurate -nobody cleaning any fish of any kind at the cleaning tables that I saw -----. Maybe they are still comeing ----- Maybe they are all gone allready ---- There sure was a LOT of boats out there looking everywhere !

Thanks for the report.

Those Cobia just show no respect!

That is pretty disappointing. I was hoping to get out there Sunday to look for them.

Thanks for the report, the window sure seems to be closing fast... Not the numbers we've seen in years prior.

I went out to the 20 mile weather buoy. Just a bit east of it was an awesome weedline running north/south. Lots of schoolie-sized dolphin and a sailfish for me.
    Last edited by DavidL; 03-31-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I went out to the 20 mile weather buoy. Just a bit east of it was an awesome weedline running north/south. Lots of schoolie-sized dolphin and a sailfish for me.
    Dave from Orlando? Its Mike Shipe, I think it's you.. Either way nice slay! Weedlines are where its at in the abyss. Any pics??

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffit View Post
    Dave from Orlando? Its Mike Shipe, I think it's you.. Either way nice slay! Weedlines are where its at in the abyss. Any pics??
    Yepper. Hi Mike! I have a pic or two I'll get posted. Unfortunately, none of the sailfish. I had my hands full since I was out by myself. Quite a challenge trolling, watching lines, reeling fish and taking pictures - all by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Yepper. Hi Mike! I have a pic or two I'll get posted. Unfortunately, none of the sailfish. I had my hands full since I was out by myself. Quite a challenge trolling, watching lines, reeling fish and taking pictures - all by yourself
    Quality problems