Big pine reef report 4/1/12

Florida Sportsman

Big pine reef report 4/1/12

Beautiful water and conditions out there today. Current was nonexistent. Managed to bring home some decent yellowtails.
    "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
    "An it harm none, do as ye will."
    "The mind is everything. What you think you become."

Awesome looking tails. Great idea on posting on the "west wind report". Decided to stay in close and hit the patches yesterday. Caught some jumbo Porgies for the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by razorreilly09 View Post
    Beautiful water and conditions out there today. Current was nonexistent. Managed to bring home some decent yellowtails.

Nice job!

I managed to get out and find some schoolies, beyond the wall, before coming back in to the same non-current conditions. Moved 3 times and only mnaged Porgies, Margate, Yellowjack and Mackerel. Marked 'tails like crazy, couldn't get them to bite.

Rob
    Largest Private Charter Vessel in the Lower Keys
    www.easyridercharterskeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Got TA Go View Post
    Nice job!

I managed to get out and find some schoolies, beyond the wall, before coming back in to the same non-current conditions. Moved 3 times and only mnaged Porgies, Margate, Yellowjack and Mackerel. Marked 'tails like crazy, couldn't get them to bite.

Rob
    Love those margate, hard to target though.....

We went out past the wall for some schoolies as well. What depth did you find them?

I, as well, hit the reef on the way in to find there was very little current and wasn't worth the time or chum to try and catch a yellowtail or two. Same thing today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Got TA Go View Post
    Nice job!

Rob