Snakehead Fishing 101

Florida Sportsman

Snakehead Fishing 101

I have been getting an over whelming array of questions about the South Florida snakehead fishing. Most of the questions were where can I catch them, how do you catch them and what are the rules. This video answers all those questions and more. I had 22 bites and landed 10 plus a few bass. Some of the snakeheads are released and I address the release contraversy as well. Enjoy!

Banned
    Thanks, I watched the whole thing!

Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar
    great clip.... Informative!!!!! And like you how you express "to each their own"

You have some recipes I could try? I've always tossed them on the bank, but I'll try anything once. Once was more than enough for a tilapia out of the canal though, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    You have some recipes I could try? I've always tossed them on the bank, but I'll try anything once. Once was more than enough for a tilapia out of the canal though, that's for sure.
    I do not have any recipes handy but I usually just fry like any other fish. My wife will make all sorts of exotic dishes with them. They are incredibly good!

Anyone ever thought about going to their local Thai restaurant and asking the cook if they want them? I am sure you could find someone that would take all you are willing to give them. Just a suggestion.

My last trip down there produced a 7.5 and an 8 and they were the smaller on each pair I found, one I saw was at least 9 if not more.

I took some into a Jamacian restaurant. the cook ran out of the kitchen when I said they were snakehead

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shane Procell View Post
    Jamacian restaurant.
    why?

Banned
    Jamacians only want bonitos!