Whiff!

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Whiff!

Whiff!

Only one bite today on cut bait that doubled my rod and popped the 20 lb. test mainline. No bites on shrimp, squid, or hermit crab.

Just a few mins ago a humongous cobia went by cruising right off the 1st sandbar not far down the beach from the State Park. Guess no one was on the State Park Pier with a jig or live bait ready. Either that or he snuck past them!

Michael...sorry for the slow day.

When you say the State Park...where are you fishing? I know the State Park Pier as the one at Gulf Shores. Is that the one?

What's the water clarity like out there?

We ran the beach a little bit on Sunday afternoon. It was pretty rough and the turbidity was right significant. Saw one fish, but we pretty much ran him over and never saw it again. Was a pretty good sized one.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler80 View Post

We ran the beach a little bit on Sunday afternoon. It was pretty rough and the turbidity was right significant. Saw one fish, but we pretty much ran him over and never saw it again. Was a pretty good sized one.
    Sorry, I meant St. Andrews State Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler80 View Post

The water has been clear as an aquarium the throughout the week. Bait stacked up right against the shore, big schools of mullet, birds and dolphins working the 2nd sandbar throughout the day. Now, that all may change with the thunderstorms we're supposed to have today, we shall see!