Estero Bay 3/24/12

Florida Sportsman

Estero Bay 3/24/12

Had a chance to get out with Captain Dave for a little fishing Saturday am. We had some novices on the boat that am, so we spent an hour trying to get bait, but had little success. We did have a first as Dave caught a redfish in the net while trying for whitebait!

We spent all morning trying to get the guys on fish, but it was a battle with lots of poor casting and a little frustration on my part. We dropped the novices off around noon and Dave and I went fishing for real. We fished a pretty shore line close to the outside and Dave connected on our first red of the day. I had a bite just after that, but missed the hookset.

We fished this shoreline out and then headed back into the NE corner of the Bay to hit some bars. We fished one little cove and managed a nice snook and then I switched over to a circle hook and started tossing whole shrimp into holes along the shore. I quickly boated three nice reds and then Dave just had to change over to the circle as well! Here's the four reds we finished the day with.
    My first

My Second, lots of spots on this guy!

Closer look at the tail

My Third and probably the best of the day

Dave's last red

This little guy landed on the bow with me as we were returning to the ramp, just had to get a picture! We had a really good two hour period and I just know we would have CRUSHED them if we had all morning to fish! Cannot wait to get back out there!
    Last edited by Indianoutlaw; 03-27-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Completed post

Good report. Thanks

Good stuff, thanks for the post.
    I always cast to where the fish are.

good report , tell Dave the white bait have been out on the beach just outside the passes , there is nothing but shrimp on the grass flats , keep em tight guys and thanks for the report

nice trip. ill be out tomm with capt neil eisner her happens to be my uncle