More Wading... More Fish!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More Wading... More Fish!

The bite had been good, so we figured why not fish some more! Rodney was already out there so we joined him at about 5:15pm. Walked down a ways so we were casting with the stiff 15mph south wind then began to fish. Really really low tide! I was a good 100 yards out from shore and the water was just over knee deep. We work down, catch some jacks and ladyfish then Rodney is slammed. Mid 20 inch snook, but the line down its side is broken! Really cool to see that. Very next cast he catches a baby snook, no bigger than 15 inches long. Go down a little further, then dad is hooked up and the fish is soon airborne. Another mid 20 inch snook that really put on a show. Cleared the water 3 or 4 times. Find a sandbar and I make a long cast with the wind at my back. Perfect cast and about a quarter of the way in I'm slammed. Rod doubled over and drag screaming for a 3rd day in a row! Wasn't really aware how big it was until we get it close to us.. I lip it and don't let go! Break out the measuring tape and it goes 31 inches and fat! For many, this fish would have been dinner, but we get some pictures and I release it to grow bigger as I will never keep a fish that beautiful! Very next cast. Boom! Drag screaming off the reel again... It's a good snook, but the hook pulls about halfway in. Sun is setting and were about to head in.. Then Rodney rattles off an 18 inch trout and another 25 inch snook! Yet another awesome trip... 3 trip snook streak for me! I'll be looking to extend that next time. The snook bite is really heating up! We totaled 5 snook and 3 trout but the redfish eluded us today. They can't hide for long... Not bad for a 2 hour wading trip!

*DOA CAL's.... as always
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r1.jpg   r2.jpg   r3.jpg   r4.jpg   r5.jpg   r6.jpg   r7(bigsnook).jpg   r8(bigsnook).jpg  

cool

AWESOME! Been checking your reports the last few trips and you guys are having a blast. Nice catches again.

Can you help us out with a little information on wading that area? Not specific spots, just curious about general locations where it's ok to get in and walk around docks. I've tried the east side up there, but was always worried that I would get in trouble on the west side...

Go where Walton Rd meets Indian River Dr, wade north or south along Indian River Dr and stay in shallow water.
    Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzsplash View Post
    AWESOME! Been checking your reports the last few trips and you guys are having a blast. Nice catches again.

Can you help us out with a little information on wading that area? Not specific spots, just curious about general locations where it's ok to get in and walk around docks. I've tried the east side up there, but was always worried that I would get in trouble on the west side...

Nice job. You have good fish karma.

Thanks everyone! Easy parking in a couple spots on Indian River Drive. As long as your in the water, they can't say anything to you!

Do you use 1/8 or 1/4? Those are nice fish and you guys are on a run of good trips...

taterbugg?

great pics and reports, nice to see the bigger snook back out on the flats, it's been a while!
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

I prefer 1/8oz and nope.. Little too windy for the taterbugg! DOA CALS is what we've been throwing. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast