3-24-2012 Port Saint Lucie Offshore Fishing Report:

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3-24-2012 Port Saint Lucie Offshore Fishing Report:

Taking Total Chaos (Doug Baker) out today in hopes of putting him on his first Cobia. Picked up 40 baits from the bait guy and headed out. Hit one spot on the way to the Cobia spot for some additional baits but didn't mark any and kept on going.

Anchored up in darkness. Thought I would try the Go Pro in darkness underwater to see if it would work. All you can see is the motor lite up by the underwater transom lights.

Click the picture below to see this weird video

Right at day break the Okuma Spinner with a 3oz lead on it gets nailed. Doug and I do the over and under move around the anchor line a few times before he brings the fish into view. It was a 3ft Ray. Tooks some video but it was still too dark to be clear enough to post.

Here's some sunrise pics...

Heres Pete & Eric aboard Petes boat Swordawet Nice boat Pete. How did you guys end up today?

A few more sunrise pics...

Heres Chris & crew... Any luck today guys?

Heres Vindawg & crew.... Any luck today guys?

The Okuma Spinner gets nailed again. Here is Doug fighting the fish with a Slim Jim. Why is it the fish always seem to bite when you start eating

Doug reels up a large Jack Crevalle

Heres a short underwater video. Click the picture below...

Another rod goes off and then gets picked up by another angler about 100 yards away. Doug lets the line out and they unhook there line and leave the fish on and Doug reels in the small Cuda. Thank You whom ever you are. We hung the Cuda off the side in hopes to attrack some sharks with Cobes on them...

These guys were fishing our anhor line most of the day bringing up good size Permits using Goofy Plugs...

They hooked up again and couldn't get there anchor broken free so we clear some lines and let them work the fish past us.

We played around with Barracudas most of the day.

Click the following (4) pictures to see the underwater videos.

Near miss in this video as the Cuda almost nails the lure next to the boat.

The Cuda nails the lure in this video and Doug gets hooked up. Check it out...

The crew that was catching the Permit off our anchor line had to cut theirs as they could not get it unhooked. He found these kids freediving in the area and asked them if they could try and retreive his anchor.

They gave it a valent effort but it was wedged in under an I-Beam.

Todays Catch:

1 Jack Crevalle
    1 Ray
    6+ Cudas
    1 Snapper (released) on a Goofy Plug that the crew gave us who was catching the Permit. Thanks guys.

Met Bill at the dock with a fish hook an phone number on my windshield Nice meeting you today.

We had a great time today even though the cobes never showed up. We were going to run offshore today but all the reports from those who did seemed not to produce any fish so we stayed put.

Tip of the day:

Pick yourself up some of these tubular lures to catch yourself some Cuda. Use the Cudas off the transom cleat (tie them up close to the boat) to bring up the sharks in hopes of having some Cobes with them.

The only random pic of the day

Here is my wonderful daughter Jamie and her newborn daughter Lily just days old.

A friend of mine (Cal Bledsoe) is walking in the "Walk to Cure Diabetes" for the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) which takes place on April 14th, 2012. If you would like to donate to this great cause, please click the link below. Thank You…

http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR?px=1205...nal&fr_id=1656
    Last edited by Alwaysforward; 03-25-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

wow, beautiful pic of mom and daughter. should be on a hallmark card !!!!

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Jeff nice viedo under water I don't remember to try when we have a fish on. Thanks for the report.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"

Congratulations on the new fishing buddy, I'll bet she'll become a regular on grampa's boat in the future.

Good to see you guys out there. We had that one fish spit the hook early at the Sand Pile. It launched on one of our baits and it looked like a Wahoo. Could have been a King too I guess. Spit the hook quick and that was it for the day. Made our way out to 200' but nothing doing.

Jeff, That's for the report and congratulations on little Lily. I'm sure you're very proud. Two weeks until we meet up...hope that still works.

Nice report Jeff. Enjoyed the photos and videos. Beautiful family you have there.

I agree, we got our fish as soon as we opened the beef jerky.
    Last edited by Fi$h2nguyen; 03-25-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Jeff, congratulations on the new addition to your family (and new fishing buddy).
    As always, thanks for your detailed report and tip. Those tuble lures are great.

Hey Jeff thank's for the report a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work.
    I had to work this weekend and was wondering if the Sandpile still had sharks on it.(did you see any)
    That picture of your daughter and grand daughter is priceless.
    Take care my friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast