Bay County turkey woods - 3/25... short version

Florida Sportsman

Bay County turkey woods - 3/25... short version

My first spring gobbler this past Saturday...

All the details...

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ver...-SUCCESS!

Photos...

Pretty awesome. Granted, the noon kill was more like deer hunting than turkey hunting, but hey.... I LOVE deer hunting, so it's all good. Maybe next time I'll get one (perhaps a bigger one) by calling it in, and maybe even from my homemade brush blind. Problem is, I'm pretty much slammed with work / wedding / fising / bachelor paty stuff from here on out.

Anyway, I bagged the bird and the gt back to the house, cleaned him up and of COURSE, I'm making the most of my first spring turkey...

Thank you all for your help!

Going fishing tomorrow. A Saturday gobbler and a Sunday cobia would be hard to beat. We'll see!

PH80
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Congrats on a great bird!! May have to hit you up for a hunt swap next spring!!! You guide me down there and we'll get on them here in KY!!

Hahahaha. You don't want me to guide you on squat. I'm pretty sure my calling ran off every bird in the county. I ambushed the crap out of this guy at high noon! If you want to come sweat in a blind and deer hunt them on 40 acres, well, then come on down. ;-)
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler80 View Post
    Hahahaha. You don't want me to guide you on squat. I'm pretty sure my calling ran off every bird in the county. I ambushed the crap out of this guy at high noon! If you want to come sweat in a blind and deer hunt them on 40 acres, well, then come on down. ;-)
    haha.... I doubt it was that bad.... looks like it didn't run one off!!

I could kick myself for not coming down this Spring. I didn't realize birds were in Bay County... thought they were further north and I think Holmes Co just recently allowed hunting only a couple of years ago! That's awesome you've got birds using your property! Should have done my homework sooner!!!

Bay county is loaded with birds. Southern ends and western edges of Holmes has a lot of birds as well.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fish View Post
    Bay county is loaded with birds. Southern ends and western edges of Holmes has a lot of birds as well.

I know where I'll be next March!!