little talbot island

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

little talbot island

[IMG][/IMG]work the turn of afternoon tide at south end 3 bites thats it nothing else lost one-- frozen brind clams strong west wind --tried to fish friday about 2 pm but park was closed I will be out there at the north and south ends over the next several weeks-
    Last edited by The baron; 03-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Keep us posted. Thanks

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?foexnj
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

Nice pomps!!!
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

Went out the previous monday and had only a few bites right when the tide started coming in. Two bull whiting and an eighteen inch pomp all on shrimp on the south end of talbot.

where is the best place for surf fishing the Talbots?

Wow that beach looks awesome. I been down here only 4 years and I am not to familiar with the Talbot parks. Where is the best place for surf fishing? I would love to catchm 1 or 2 Pompano.

My kids are out on Spring Break in a week and I would like to plan a family beach/fishing day and that beach looks beautiful.

Thanks for any help

talbot can be a little tricky right now for pomps I fish the north end 10 to 12 today- turn of the tide- not a bite guy next to me 3 rods not a bite I could have spent all day down there I would have got in to some-- by next week things will change and the tides will work in your favor at the south end-- if you can sling clams you will get some --just google little talbot you can get all the info you want -- the south end parking area is ft george inlet--
    Last edited by The baron; 03-26-2012 at 06:22 PM.

So this clam thing, do you just purchase them from the grocer or Fish market and salt them overnight?

And do you put a whole clam on a hook?

I am not a newbie by far, I just have never used a clam and targeted so specificly one species

Thanks

all bait shops sell clams strike zone has them for $ 3.00-- brine them with a non iodine salt-- the more the better-about 1 cup put 2 are 3 packs in a gallon frezer bag the night before-- drain the water off in the morning, add more salt if you want and your good to go --cut them into little strips , clams that are not brined is like slinging jello--- but people use fresh and frozen that are not brind all the time--- I have seen people catch pomps with clams that have been brined for 3 months so you can keep your left over bait for the next trip--- store bought pomp rigs work just fine --double drop with something bright
    Last edited by The baron; 03-27-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling

What are the beads for?? Do they float the bait?...or are they just an attractant?

1/0 circle hook ?

steve

I know Larry Finch AKA the Pompano slayer told me the beads attract the Pomps because they look like the coquina shells or the donads (little clams) found in the surf.

Talbot Islands next week here I come

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast