3/24/12 13 mles west out of Red fish pass looking for table fair..

Florida Sportsman

3/24/12 13 mles west out of Red fish pass looking for table fair..

Well as you know it was not 2 footers more like two to fours..Mary and i ran out to a spot were last week i had the guys catching porgys and grunts and nice lanes
    ..It was kind of hard to anchor up just right,set the hook and this time i mixed some chum in an old salt container put it in a chum bag to it i attached a 5lb. weight so i could lower it to the bottom, i used some old red line i had laying around(mistake) it took about a half an hour for the bite to start..It was steady porgys a few nice grunts we only kept the bigger ones..Then the RED grouper started to show and took over the bite, so we dicided to move about 100ft or so dropped the chum bite started in a little while boy did i get a nice hit thought for sure it was another grouper Suprise it was bigest lane i ever caught. Now i am excited start shaking the chum and the old line broke just above the bag down it goes to the bottom..Tide was staring to slow plus no chum slik in my control. Dumb mistake!!! By 2 we pulled lines to head in had enough for a nice fish fry..Mary is really good at cleaing fish.(real bonus) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0558.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	25392You have to love SW Florida
    larrywitt

gg--it is so sad that it has come down to grunt, lane snap and porgy fishing--ty gov't

thanks for the report larry report, keep them comming. sweet laney, it'll eat :fullt real good!

Hey Larry - saw you in this months FS - you're famous!

Well that may be a stretch, Mary is not happy with me for letting her hold the fish that way for the picture..When is your next trip down??
    larry

may come down in a couple / few weeks - work dependent. Looking forward to it if I can slide out of here. /tg

Beautiful Snapper!