lost rod big carlos pass

Florida Sportsman

lost rod big carlos pass

hey guys im a landbased shark fisherman and i was fishing big carlos pass bridge and had a bait drifted out when a boat came flying under the bridge very fast and hit my line and spooled my reel and it flew off of the bridge. Its a gold avet 80w on a 9 foot silver red and blue wrapped custom gatorglass rod with teamhotreelz on the split grip. if u are the boater and happened to have hauled my rod behind your boat and have it right now please return it to me, and start going slower in between the bumpers. i thought posting this might increase my chances of getting my rod back maybe if someone wants to dive there and help me out i would appreciate it or if anyone has caught my line idk maybe someone has ahold of it. thanks
    call me at 239-645-2271

i hope you get it back man. that sucks. i saw the rod when joe was building it and it wass bad ***. hopefully some one on here can help you. if i was closer to the area i would go try to locate it but im up by venice.

Man I hate to hear that. I cant believe the folks in the boat never slowed down. Youd think theyd have noticed. So many people dont have any manners. I hope you find it. Have you tried dragging for it? Maybe could drop a line off the bridge, then walk back and forth some. Sounds pretty silly now that Im typing it, but you might snag it. Hope it works out anyway.

the only thing is that u cant really drag a line back and forth because of the fenders. but also the current there is kinda strong and no telling how long the boat dragged it before cutting it off with the prop

he didnt even go inbetween the bumpers he flew at like 40 inbetween the pilings, who knows he might be on the forum if so thanks for breaking the law and causing me to lose a nice setup, it took me a long time to get the money to buy that.

yea the avet 80ws arent cheap and neither was the rod

Sorry to hear this. It just sucks!!