Hello all with ML report.. Old member new user name. 3-19-12

Florida Sportsman

Hello all with ML report.. Old member new user name. 3-19-12

First would like to say hello to all. I have been out of the loop for a few years now but am getting back into the game. I used to be SURFFISH on this forum but could not get my old account to work, I guess because of the new format. Really enjoyed the forum back then and even attended one of the bashes at long point. Well on to the fishing. A buddy of mine and I went yesterday 3-19-12 to do some wade fishing in the central lagoon area west side. Ran into Capt. Mark at the 7-11 before heading out and got a few tips since I haven't been out in a while. Needless to say his info was accurate. Bite turned on around 8am until about 11am. caught some trout in the 18" range a few upper slot reds and a bonus nice size flounder to complete the slam (rare for the lagoon) but I think it was because I haven't been in over a year so a little beginners luck came into play!! All fish were caught on new penny gulps and watermelon zoom jerk baits. Fish were in knee deep water cruising along within the mullet pods. Usually do catch and release but since I haven't been in a while wanted to bring home a few. Had a lagoon sampler platter. lol Thanks for reading, and more reports to come.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	24911

Welcome back to the forum, great report

sup bra!! welcome back. You still hooking them i see ! well done

Thanks guys... It seems the views to reply ratio has changed a bit. There seemed to be a lot more active members back in the day, however I see that if you really want some feedback..... Shoot a stingray!! lol Glad to be back, I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures..

Looks like the Lagoon gave you a nice welcome back

Ill be out tomorrow at my usual spots in the IRL near Haulover! come out fish beside me if you can. Ill be in a red gheenoe!

Wish I could Panfish, however work seems to get in the way of my fishing more than I would like. Wont be out again until the following Sunday. Report to follow!!

General Fishing Administrator Docked Wages's Avatar
    Tight work
    Mark Wilson
    General Fishing Forum Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RSkidmore View Post
    Wish I could Panfish, however work seems to get in the way of my fishing more than I would like. Wont be out again until the following Sunday. Report to follow!!
    ahh right on man.. Yea My weekends are shot for my jobs... so its the weekdays for me.