Interested in a CS.

Florida Sportsman

Interested in a CS.

Currently have a McKee 14', and am looking at the J12 kit, and the J14 kit models. Does anyone have any idea on prices of the hull only new? I am looking to switch because the McKee is just too heavy, and Id like an easier boat to tow. Plus, the McKee is 1971, and just worries me a bit. Id like to go new instead of used to match my new Yamaha 25 remote motor. The cons I heard is that the skiffs arent the best at turning, and are wet? The McKee handled the 3' bay chop in Biscayne a while ago, but I was drenched, so Im not concerned with that. Plus for freshwater, and inshore/bay use I think the 12-14 skiff would seem nice, any thoughts? How well is the hull built btw?

Thanks.

Go to Marina Mikes in fort myers. I got my Hull, bench seat , front deck and trailer for 1900$ they even mounted my motor and put on cleats for free.

dusky in dania has all the kits and plenty of them. My buddy picked up a j14 and rigged it out himself.

You will get drenched in a 3 foot chop in a j14 too... not made for that...
    How To Start A Charter Fishing Business
    Trade Secrets Revealed On How To Become a 6 Figure Fishing Guide

If your budget allows for it I am selling a really nice JVX w/ stereo system, 10' Power Pole, Poling Platform, trim tabs, 3 batteries, 2nd live well, wiring for 24v trolling motor and Minn Kota mount already in place. PM me if interested.