Bow practice in hoa development

Florida Sportsman

Bow practice in hoa development

I live in a neighborhood with an HOA AND HAVE A 1/4 acre lot. I was wondering if it is legal for me to use my bow for practice in my yard away from houses. By the way, there is no mention of bows or weapons in my HOA regulations. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler49 View Post
    I live in a neighborhood with an HOA AND HAVE A 1/4 acre lot. I was wondering if it is legal for me to use my bow for practice in my yard away from houses. By the way, there is no mention of bows or weapons in my HOA regulations. Thanks for your help!
    I don't don't know what county you live in, but here in Dade County it is illegal to shoot a powerful bow (Not a toy) in residential zoned areas. (I researched this extensively a few years ago), However, it does not seem to be enforced. But if you hit someone by accident I would believe your home owners's insurance would be "Off the hook" since the court's would probably rule this behavior as illegal and negligent. This is the basically the same situation for people who run their ATV's in residential neighborhoods. If they injure someone with their all terrain vehicles, their homeowners insurance or car insurance, is NOT going to cover them, since they are running their machines illegally.

a bow you can prolly get away with since they are quite. my bro shoots his in the back yard once in a while.

I shoot mine in the same setting. We have no city/county ordinance that says you cannot. Unless a bow is used for hunting, it is generally not classed the same as a firearm. As is obvious, the issue of liability is significant if things go wrong.

I live in a deed restricted area with a hoa but we are not gated and my neighbor down the street uses his compound every once in awhile for target practice....I say do it!! live life on the edge!!

I just picked up my new bow this weekend and while BPS is close and cheap enough, I plan to grab a foam target for the back yard. I am friends with my neighbors so I can't imagine them calling the law but obviously, I would be respectful of them. Luckily, I am on a privacy lot with an easement behind clear of any development. As long as I can get my F/A over the fence, I can practice back there and at longer distances too!