Ok guys. Let's make some changes around here - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    Dave, Why did they jump to so many forums for each section to begin with? Also, I don't understand why there's the need to organize posts. Why not drive everyone to the same place, making it easy to administer, and giving people the ability to see everything in one place?
    I'll step in on this one. It was an idea to make locating certain post a bit easier to find. Unfortunately it was not seen as very popular, so that problem is now being addressed.

In the pass many members complained having to sift thru one section to find Fishing Reports, thus the Reports section was created. One thing you must remember, there is NO perfect Forum. What one of you wants, the other does not. At this point we are just trying to pare down the sub forums for a start.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

I think 3 categories would be fine. General, Fishing, Available. That is the three I generally look at. I do kind of like the business one to locate a local business but have yet to need any services lately.

Senior Member Flatheadfisherman's Avatar
    I find myself only using the General and Fishing reports also.

Two sections like before. It wasnt broke then. Why have all the other stuff. General section and fishing reports section is all that is needed - without over-moderation.
    EZ-PZ

ok its starting to look like we will go to the general and the reports..

lets do a yes or no to

business exchange

need a crew/ride

a few people have addressed them but not too many..

i can make a sticky for the business in the general section no problem..i think that is the best idea

the crew page has a good bit of activity on it but you guys need to decide if it go's or stays..i am not too keen

on making it a sticky because we are going to have too many stickies very soon..

dave
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

1.General - with business sticky. Single post WIKI sorted by type or name, 1 line each name, number and/or website, address.
    2.Reports - with "need a ride/crew" sticky. Lock each post preventing replies, but still allow it to be edited or deleted by original poster

3.Local for sale for those that want to only sell locally on the forum or maybe a shortcut to the forums classifieds if already listed there. No commercial, no links, no auctions.

But please go back to the regular forum template so from the master home page you can scan the latest threads in each subsection. This is the only forum of this format I have ever visited and it suuuuucks.. it's such a hassle & I can almost promise threads get less views because of it

Need a buy sell trade section for NE FlA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12