Software update. - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, looks like i'm screwed. I guess I'll be looking at Lowrance or something for the WorldCat.
    " Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products.

The latest software for the 987 is 4.770 there has not been a software update on this model.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. "
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Before you move to another brand contact their customer support. If you unit is discontinued or beyond repair,they will (or did) offer an upgrade at a reduced cost. That is why I am a captive consumer since 1998.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

I installed the update. I didn't notice any change in features or performance.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

You don't at least get the distance to the nearest waypoints? I really would like that.

I'll give them a call about the upgrade but I don't intend to move the 987c from the Regulator to the WorldCat (if that's what I buy). I'll be buying new. I seriously considered getting an all one brand best of breed of GPS/RADAR with a CHIRP transducer for deep water and then a Humminbird for side imaging.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12