Passing time this throughout the week!

Florida Sportsman

Senior Member ShallowExpectations's Avatar

Passing time this throughout the week!

Well still getting a hold of freshwater fishing since I grew up doing saltwater and this is just recent activity. Fishing a couple different ponds around the UCF area....well more waterford lakes i guess. Using a watermelon zoom finesse worm with a 1/0 trokar and a 1/16 bullet weight. Nothing crazy big or anything but a couple quality catches. Also What kind of snake is this? I want to say a banded water snake or maybe brown water snake? Couldn't really tell, but I am no expert on snakes. I got some pictures of residential gator removal tactic...Do they kill the gator if they are using a big hook like that? Becuase i know there are 3 of them in this particular pond but none of them exceed 4 feet. I know there is one gator that has been enjoying following me so I guess someone has been feeding them and this one lost its fear of humans already

sweet !! who's baiting the gators ?

The people from the tv show call swamp people are here lol... Nice catch by the way!
    My second (wife)... My 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (LS6).

Well I had the pleasure of talking to one of the residents of the neighborhood. This was at the beginning of the week, and he told me that they had just recently had a gator removed out of that pond. I made the assumption that they had hired the same people to remove the remaining gators. Plus that baited hook was in somone's backyard. I think by the size of the gators they could be easily removed in a less harmful manner than letting them swallow a giant hook. The fact that they are likely to swallow that is why I ask if anyone knows if they plan on killing these gators. If so I'll look into seeing if FWC will just relocate them or something.

They will sell them to a refuge or kill them. That's why they do the removal for free. As I understand it you just have to get a removal license and what you do with them from there is up to you because they are a nuisance gator. It is, however, illegal to release them anywhere except a fenced refuge.

nice report! that snake and those gators didnt look very friendly

Bass2bucks: the gators weren't too bad they were just looking for handouts which is why I had the feeling someone has fed them before. So i guess they were mad at me for not doing the same. As for the snake... it just sat there and let me photograph it. I was considering grabbing it becuase it doesnt look venomous, but I kind of turned into a girl for that moment.
    McLovin: I hope they take these little gators to a refuge rather than kill them. Wouldn't be too much to do with a small gator i would not think...Never sliced one up though.