Pending I.G.F.A World Record Snakehead caught in S. Florida

Florida Sportsman

Pending I.G.F.A World Record Snakehead caught in S. Florida

Congratulations to South Florida angler and my friend, Corey Nowakowski for a pending new world record Bullseye Snakehead catch. The fish was caught here in South Florida on a buzz frog. The fish was 37.5" long, had a 16" girth and weighed in at 12 pounds, eclipseing the current I.G.F.A. record of 11.8 pounds which was caught Asia.

Last edited by Captain Shane Procell; 03-09-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: information added

Beautiful coloring on that fish. Wish it wasn't caught in FL, though. Good job to Corey.

No Kidding,. I have caught snakeheads weighing 11+lbs & several 10lb fish on digital scale with pics. Never thought of contacting the IGFA. Was it weighed with a boga grip?

Isn't that a mudfish/bowfin or something new?

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

As the years go on I'am sure there will be many record breaking Bullseye Snakehead catches from S. Florida. Corey fishes more than anybody I know and targets big fish. I saw a picture of a 44" snakehead killed with a bow from the C-14 canal.