Government Assistance Comes With Strings - Page 6

Florida Sportsman

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    SB 1658 defeated?...I did not know that...where, when?

Let your sources know the Fl Senate website needs to be updated...

Last Action: 02/13/2012 CS by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 507

Effective Date: July 1, 2012

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/1658

...Omigosh, MJ, you should step outside! It is a beautiful day. I just got back from a walk around the field accompanied by an old Bay horse and an old brown dog. A red-tail hawk was calling to me from the top of a dead snag. Not another house in sight, save one...no traffic, the only music that could be heard was provided by nature's symphony, of birds and cicadas...accompanied by the giggling of treetops tickled by the wind. The breeze was cool and the sun was warm. The grass is greening up and the trees are budding out. The sky is cloudless and a shade of blue that artists can only dream of capturing. Look ouside and tell me what ya think...maybe we can find something out there to agree on.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

I was outside all weekend, but today I work.

Fla. House Won't Ban Use Of Food Stamps For Junk Food

House OKs Ban On Use Of Stamps At Strip Clubs, Other Venues

A Florida House panel has rejected a proposal that would have banned the use of food stamps on junk food.
    But other provisions in the bill were approved, however.
    The panel voted to ban welfare recipients from using food stamps to access cash benefits outside of the state.
    It also approved a ban on the use of food stamps at strip clubs, liquor stores, bars and places where gambling happens.

Read more: http://www.wpbf.com/politics/3045351...#ixzz1oGhRBVp0
    Last edited by Mister-Jr; 03-05-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    I was outside all weendend, but today I work.
    Yesterday was very windy, we got 1 1/2 inches of rain in the early am...today is the prettier day...although the rain was very welcomed as well as the cool weather.

The House, MJ, the House has rejected the nutrition provision, I have already posted a similar article.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady-lady View Post
    [/I]http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2012/1658
    ...accompanied by the giggling of treetops tickled by the wind.
    That was a great metaphor, I felt like I was there.

Not Allowed

Formulas used solely for the purpose of enhancing nutrient intake or managing body weight addressing picky eaters or used for a condition other than a qualifying condition (e.g., vitamin pills, weight control products)
    Medicines or drugs
    Hyperalimentation feedings (nourishment administered through a vein)
    Enzymes, herbs, or botanicals
    Oral rehydration fluids or electrolyte solutions
    Flavoring or thickening agents
    Feeding utensils or devices (e.g., feeding tubes, bags, pumps) designed to administer a WIC-eligible formula
    Sports or breakfast drinks

Where are cakes on the list.

I was in Publix the other night when one of these $25.00 decorated cakes that was bought on government debit card was being returned for cash. Little girl behind behind the counter asked what the problem was that prompted the return,
    Baby Momma say; Cause I don't want it *****! I asked after she got her money and left that I didn't think they could do that and she said it happens all the time, as she tosses the un opened cake in the garbage.

Seems like a perfect and efficient use of taxes dollars to me, needs no tinkering what so ever.

Case closed.

Why is it that our Government has signs everywhere, stating it is illegal to feed the wildlife, alligators, manatees, bears, and birds. They can even fine you for doing so. The signs all say, it makes them dependent on others, where they can't take care of themselves, and changes their behavior patterns.

This is the same government that gives out food stamps or some kind of government assistance to over 50% of our population.

Wake up America.

Quote Originally Posted by reelpleasure View Post
    Why is it that our Government has signs everywhere, stating it is illegal to feed the wildlife, alligators, manatees, bears, and birds. They can even fine you for doing so. The signs all say, it makes them dependent on others, where they can't take care of themselves, and changes their behavior patterns.

This is the same government that gives out food stamps or some kind of government assistance to over 50% of our population.

Wake up America.
    To the GOP, poor = animals

Quote Originally Posted by anglingarchitect View Post
    Not Allowed

Formulas used solely for the purpose of enhancing nutrient intake or managing body weight addressing picky eaters or used for a condition other than a qualifying condition (e.g., vitamin pills, weight control products)
    Medicines or drugs
    Hyperalimentation feedings (nourishment administered through a vein)
    Enzymes, herbs, or botanicals
    Oral rehydration fluids or electrolyte solutions
    Flavoring or thickening agents
    Feeding utensils or devices (e.g., feeding tubes, bags, pumps) designed to administer a WIC-eligible formula
    Sports or breakfast drinks

Where are cakes on the list.

I was in Publix the other night when one of these $25.00 decorated cakes that was bought on government debit card was being returned for cash. Little girl behind behind the counter asked what the problem was that prompted the return,
    Baby Momma say; Cause I don't want it *****! I asked after she got her money and left that I didn't think they could do that and she said it happens all the time, as she tosses the un opened cake in the garbage.

Seems like a perfect and efficient use of taxes dollars to me, needs no tinkering what so ever.

Case closed.
    Why is it that all right wingers think only black people are on public assistance?

You people do know that you are wrong, right?

What percentage of Blacks are on public assistance ? According to the 2011 Census, Blacks only only make up 12.6% of the population with Whites at 72.4%. If all is equal there should 6 Whites for every 1 Black on assitance.

Quote Originally Posted by reelpleasure View Post
    What percentage of Blacks are on public assistance ? According to the 2011 Census, Blacks only only make up 12.6% of the population with Whites at 72.4%. If all is equal there should 6 Whites for every 1 Black on assitance.
    Unless you are a racist, what difference does it make what color they are?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast