Government Assistance Comes With Strings - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Battery View Post
    If the government is to provide food then it should be from government warehouses and in the form of raw food like milk, flour, vegatables, cereal, etc... If those recieving this food dont know how to cook it, then that warehouse should provide cooking classes. Why should tax dollars be spent at retail prices? There are plenty of empty strip malls to setup the food distribution centers or we can use US Post offices. Lets take the profit and abuse out of a system that is designed to help people at the lowest cost. We can use the postal system to deliver it to those that dont have transportation.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister-Jr View Post
    Wht should I be forced to pay for pastoral housing for tax exempt religious organizations? Why can't I tell them what kind of house to live in? And where it is located?
    Bless your heart Mister, gotta love our liberal brethren...their minds are so open they can't keep any one topic between their ears.

Do you think you might be able to provide an example of 'being forced to pay for pastoral housing'?...humor me, you've already made me smile.

Any whoo...seems not long ago someone on here, (could it have been you?)...expressed the opinion that health-style choices were the business of folks paying the bills. Good nutrition is a health-style issue...Michele Obama says so.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

voice of enlightenment in a sea of idiots
    If the government is to provide food then it should be from government warehouses and in the form of raw food like milk, flour, vegatables, cereal, etc... If those recieving this food dont know how to cook it, then that warehouse should provide cooking classes. Why should tax dollars be spent at retail prices? There are plenty of empty strip malls to setup the food distribution centers or we can use US Post offices. Lets take the profit and abuse out of a system that is designed to help people at the lowest cost. We can use the postal system to deliver it to those that dont have transportation.
    Great idea, I'll bet Romney will set up a new government agency to get it done.

While we are trying strings on those who get money from the government maybe we can do that to the oil companies who get to write off oil exploration as a credit rather than a deduction like other businesses do. This is a huge subsidy so why not. Oh, I remember, cause the oil companies have lobbyists and the poor people don't. Go for the low hanging fruit, that will fix the problem.

Banned
    GL - I am on my phone but just a quick search brought up this
    http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/...nt.Doc?id=1740

And I for one am AOK with them getting the money - just don't expect special treatment.

Banned
    IN! Throw in that if they don't have jobs they can work in the warehouse to help distribute the food as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arbitrageur View Post
    I'm all for it. At the Publix near my office where I shop during the day there are a lot of WIC card users. It absolutely amazes me what they buy... decorated cakes - I'm talking the ones you order and customize with little Joey's name and Batman motif - deli made sandwiches and meals to name just a few. ALL COMPLETELY WITHIN THE RULES.

So yes, further limits on what can be bought are a GREAT idea and I think will be widely supported.

Yep.

It's not widely supported by our legislators though, nor federal agencies. The USDA shot down Bloomberg's attempt. WIC is limited, so I don't understand the resistance to what would seem to be a very logical decision.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=344&dateline=13073685  84

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Dog View Post
    GL - I am on my phone but...
    YIKES!!!...are you reporting me to Big Sister?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Grady-lady View Post
    Bless your heart Mister, gotta love our liberal brethren...their minds are so open they can't keep any one topic between their ears.

Do you think you might be able to provide an example of 'being forced to pay for pastoral housing'?...humor me, you've already made me smile.

Any whoo...seems not long ago someone on here, (could it have been you?)...expressed the opinion that health-style choices were the business of folks paying the bills. Good nutrition is a health-style issue...Michele Obama says so.
    With all repect, manipulation of the tax code is govenment spending. Do you recognize that? When no one pays income taxes on the money spend on pastoral housing it is government spending.

With all repect, manipulation of the tax code is govenment spending. Do you recognize that? When no one pays income taxes on the money spend on pastoral housing it is government spending.
    My brother is a pastor, tell me again that 'no one pays income tax on pastoral housing'?

So you think you are being subsidized by someone who pays 5 million in income taxes?

And you also think I should be able to claim the $7500 tax credit for buying a VOLT even though I didnt buy one because that credit has strings attached to it?
    "....once the glitches get worked out." ~gunby31

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast