built in gas tank replacement and deck repair

Florida Sportsman

Smile built in gas tank replacement and deck repair

I have a 22' center console Predator. The gas tank leaked, I cut the deck out and removed the tank. Now I must replace the flotation foam that the gas ate out of the boat, foam in the new tank, repair my deck and reinstall the center console. Help

Banned
    Sounds like you have your hands full. You can go to a marine dealer or online and buy the foam you need. As for replacing your deck, you have some work to do. Have you done fiberglass work? Its not that hard. Just some things you should know.

I have done fiberglass in the past but never anything this large. I am looking at glassing 100 -120 Sq Ft of deck in one pour and do not want the glass to set up before all is down. Any ideas? Thanks

Now the weather is nice and cool it will take longer to kick.slow catalyst will be the ticket. sounds like you are going to reuse old deck..
    good luck larrywitt

Quote Originally Posted by Pairomedicsfish View Post
    Try work in the shade, pre cut everything and get it ready to lay out, work with a partner, he mixes quarts of resin, oneat a time as you.need it and kick it softly, right at two percent.
    if your using polyester resin then 2 percent is a hot kick. 11/2 percent or slightly less would be a slower kick.

CMD