looks like that poor over sexed coed was another plant - Page 9

Florida Sportsman

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimini Twisted View Post
    That subject is anathema to conservatives.
    Right up there with you guys wanting to tell me how my hard earned money, essentially my private property, should be spent on your pet causes.
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

Quote Originally Posted by Justins Dad View Post
    The problem is that "liberals" make their private matters into public matters. When homosexuals want to marry, it's no longer a private matter. When Obama requires companies to pay for BC, it's not longer private. When public money is paying for abortions, it's no longer private. Make sense? The problem is "liberals" demanding that "conservatives" change their values....
    Oh, the irony in that statement. Deciding who can marry and not butting out, is the liberal position. You are deciding who can enter into a contract. Trying to stop funding for something and changing the law towards something you dislike is actually the liberal position. It's actually kind of funny.

No one said gay marriage was a privacy matter. What they do behind closed doors is a privacy matter. Marriage is an equality matter. You are preventing consenting adults from entering into a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssoto0055 View Post
    Oh, the irony in that statement. Deciding who can marry and not butting out, is the liberal position. You are deciding who can enter into a contract.
    nope, libs are deciding who can and can't marry as well. You don't see them pushing for polygamy do you?

Quote Originally Posted by rickc View Post
    birth control pills are prescription drugs right?

health insurance pays for prescription drugs right?

health insurance companies are regulated by our government right?

so what is the big deal about telling the insurance companies they should provide birth control free of charge
    It's utterly amazing how off-target this whole argument has become. It started with an admitted community organizer/activist complaining that students paying $50,000/year to attend Law School are entitled to free birth control. No co-pay involved...free.

It's now morphed into, "so what is the big deal about telling the insurance companies they should provide birth control free of charge".

Rick, what other medicines do you propose the government mandate to be given out "free of charge"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdiver View Post
    It's utterly amazing how off-target this whole argument has become. It started with an admitted community organizer/activist complaining that students paying $50,000/year to attend Law School are entitled to free birth control. No co-pay involved...free.
    Wow talk about distortion. She, like most of us here, PAY a premium. Where is the FREE you speak of? She was commenting on how her PAID FOR private insurer did not offer BC in their plan. I also don't recall where she said she wasn't paying a dime for her policy.

So please show me where I can get FREE BC fro my wife, these premium payments are killing us, as is the $15 co-pay.

It can't be FREE OF CHARGE if I PAY a monthly premium right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dropper View Post
    She was commenting on how her PAID FOR private insurer did not offer BC in their plan.
    Then change plans. Good grief. If you don't like a product get a different one. Don't whine and complain to the government to pass some law to force the product into the one you want.

So please show me where I can get FREE BC fro my wife, these premium payments are killing us, as is the $15 co-pay.
    birth control pills cost $20-$50 a month. If you are buying insurance just for BC pills, you really ought to consider dropping it. The premiums and co-pay far outcost the pills just bought out right.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson View Post
    nope, libs are deciding who can and can't marry as well. You don't see them pushing for polygamy do you?
    Libs are not the ones pushing for a constitutional Amendment deciding that marriage is between a man and a woman. The GOP, more government choosing for citizens one law at a time.

Then change plans. Good grief. If you don't like a product get a different one. Don't whine and complain to the government to pass some law to force the product into the one you want.

birth control pills cost $20-$50 a month. If you are buying insurance just for BC pills, you really ought to consider dropping it. The premiums and co-pay far outcost the pills just bought out right.
    1. What if here employer does not offer a plan that covers Birth Control?

2. A $5 co-pay is less than $50.

Banned

Read much?

The question was about it being "Free"

Wow talk about distortion. She, like most of us here, PAY a premium. Where is the FREE you speak of? She was commenting on how her PAID FOR private insurer did not offer BC in their plan. I also don't recall where she said she wasn't paying a dime for her policy.

It can't be FREE OF CHARGE if I PAY a monthly premium right?
    Do you even know what you're babbling about?

As a student at Georgetown, she has the option of having a private health insurance plan, or having a year's worth of health insurance added on to her tuition at a cost of about $1800 for 12 months. Her plan through Georgetown happened to not cover birth control pills. She was testifying in favor of free birth control, because the out of pocket expense for her and her fellow students was $100/month, and many of the students couldn't afford it. What she didn't mention, of course, was that they could still get birth control at an inexpensive cost...they could get it without insurance at all for $9/month at Target, right by Georgetown's campus. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ls_632955.html

Other than free antibiotics that Publix gives away, health plans that have prescription coverage charge co-pays. Paying an insurance premium doesn't guarantee you free medication for anything..if you need meds for heart problems, thyroid problems, or inhalers for asthma, you have to pay a co-pay.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast