Fishing in the bay

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Fishing in the bay

Never really fished in the bay and I really need to get out. It looks to rough to go offshore tomorrow in my boat but i believe the weather in the bay will be fine until later in the afternoon after i am long gone. How is the fishing in the bay? Do the artificial reefs produce? Are there mangrove snapper which are a good size in there? Should i try fishing some of the structures near the bridges? Chum? Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated.

There are LOTS of bays on the west coast of Florida, and while you obviously know what you are thinking about, it might be helpful to someone reading your post if you said what bay you were talking about.

Tampa bay

That was my guess since this is the West Central forum.
    The two best times to fish is when itís raininí and when it ainít. ĖPatrick F. McManus

uhh. Thats a nightmare. I Hope this family can stay strong.

Is anyone going to answer the questions at hand or just comment about everything but the questions?

I wish I knew some answers, but I'm new to the area. Only been here a couple years. One thing that did strike me driving over the Tampa Bay bridges was the lack of boats out there fishing. I expected it to be jam packed, but that wasn't the case.
    The two best times to fish is when itís raininí and when it ainít. ĖPatrick F. McManus

Fishing in the Bay is steady right now with lot's of trout, and a few Reds mixed in. Find a flat and drift with live or artificials and you will catch fish. I have heard of the snapper making there way in but I have not yet seen it. Good luck as there is a lot of tight lipped people on this site.
    The Duke

Gause Built 26

I've done really well for mangrove snapper this time of year at the mouth of the Hillsborough river believe it or not. Got a couple spots there I can tell you if you are ever up that far.
    Last edited by salty limey; 03-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.

The south end of Harbour island is good for Mangrove snapper. Anywhere on the south shore this time of year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast