Tampa Bay Fishing Report MojoTarpon!
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tampa Bay Fishing Report MojoTarpon!

Yesterday my dad and I hit the Bay and what a day it was. We loaded up on some White Bait and ran to our first spot. The water temp was 74.6 on our machine and we had a incoming tide, wind was howling southeast a good
    10-15 knots. We got in some nice Trout in the 18"-23" range all blasting free line baits. After a short bite we hit the next spot off Pinellas Point and had a few nice Reds and more great Trout action. My dad had the biggest Red which was a nice fat over slot Red 33". We found some nice Snook but could not get any to eat. It was 11:30 a.m. now and the wind was laying down nice so I wanted to check the Sky Way out for some Tarpon. After a nice run we loaded up on more bait at the bridge, a baitwell black with Thread Fin and White Bait. By the time I finished up on bait the tide was just at the end of the incoming tide so we cruised the main span casting around the bumpers and pilings and nailed some nice grouper but no Tarpon. It did not take long before that tide started going out so we ran up a ways and anchored up off the bridge. We started flipping baits out and free lining and within 15 minutes we jumped a nice Tarpon. It lasted about 3 minutes and she was gone. We were pumped up now after seeing our first hooked Tarpon this year!
    We set up again and in no time we jumped another 20 yards behind the boat it was sick. We threw the anchor and chased the Tarpon, and had a nice fight for about 10 minutes and lost that fish also. After setting up again and 20 minutes later hook up number 3. We threw the anchor and the chase was on. After a great fight and some awesome jumps, 20 minutes of battle my dad got her boat side and she was landed a nice 60-75lb Tarpon. This was his first Sky Way Tarpon. He is Hooked! In all we jumped 6 fish in about 2 hours. I needed a snook for him so we hit a spot on the way in but no takers. That would have made a great day even better.
    Good luck out there and hope to hear some drag screaming soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mojotarpon; 04-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.

good report but most of yours are - thx
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi

Niagara Falls, Canada and Madeira Beach, Fla
    Awesome report! As if I wasn't Jonesing enough for some fishing you have to drop this on me. Must resist the urge to fly down for the weekend...
    2013 Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5 (Sand) - His
    2010 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 (Mango) - Hers

very nice !!

Mojo, you are killing it man. Nice work, if only you could have got one of those snook, would have been epic grand slam. you are making me jones so bad. Good report, you should be on Reel Time, no doubt.
    Catch 'em and Release 'em!
    http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/

Senior Member Lilcthefishslayer's Avatar
    Sweet getting your dad on his first skyway poon!!!!!

NICE! You've had a couple good reports on here lately.

Nice! Another vote for "MojoTarpon" on Reel Time!

Needs to have his father on the show with him Nice job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast