Banana River trout 3/3/12

Florida Sportsman

Banana River trout 3/3/12

Hello everyone,

New member and first time poster. Really enjoy reading through the threads on this site. I usually fish the mosquito lagoon but decided to head to a spot one of my buddies told me about recently. Started out fishin around 7am. Started with a doa shrimp workin it real slow but then noticed all the bait around so switched it up to the good ol mirrodine and a few casts later caught a 21 incher. I was really excited because I haven't caught a trout like that in a while. I guess the trout gods felt bad for me because a little bit later I hooked a nice healthy 24". (2nd pic). I let that one swim away. From then on I continued to catch 7 more in the 16-20 inch range and a little "palmer" with a big appetite. Man these things are ferocious. It was a perfect day except for the dang stingray that kept following me around. Almost got me twice. Oh yeah forgot to mention I was wading in about knee deep water. Anyways hope yall like the pics. I gotta get used to the holding the fish in one hand, pole under the arm and taking a picture tango.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral-20120303-00016.jpg   Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral-20120303-00017.jpg   Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral-20120303-00018.jpg  

nice fish, that 24"er looks thick

@WCLAPP89 See that mirrodine...

welcome, great reports, thanks.

Thanks for the comments fellas. Yeah all the trout I caught that day seemed to be nice and thick. I had a bunch of pelicans hassling me every time I hooked a fish. They were floating literally right next to me and would dive over to my fish so I had to horse all of em in. Only 1 busted off out of all of them tho. Dang pelicans!

Welcome to the forum! very nice work on the trout

Good Job!