Flounder, sheepies, gags and spanish

Florida Sportsman

Flounder, sheepies, gags and spanish

Spent a lazy day drowning shrimp in 30 ft of water just the other day and found the fishing to be fantastic. Nothing exotic, but a bunch of fresh flounder that made for an excellent dinner on very light tackle.
    We found what seemed to be an endless supply of flounder situated just on the perimeter of the articicial reefs, with the occassional sheepshead mixed in. The flounder were eating both live shrimp and small strips of cut bait, and were in the sand, not the actual rubble itself. One of the flounder actually had color on what would normally be the white, under side. Kind of unusual. We had to throw in a couple out of season grouper too. We landed more than 50 flounder on just two reefs and kept just enough for a nice dinner. The spanish mackerel were so think, they were hitting the egg sinkers and bare hooks if they were retrieved too quickly.

K

cool flounder.

Interesting flounder..With the seas they are forcasting i will be doing the near shore search today, i will try for the pomps,,as mentioned in a earlier post it is on my way out.
    larrywitt