Estero Bay 2/15 and 2\22

Florida Sportsman

Estero Bay 2/15 and 2\22

Estero Bay has been on fire the for the last 7 weeks , but i finally hit a snag . Went out fishing on 2\15 with Capt. John a fellow member of the forum and had a soso day out in the bay , the wind was rite , the tide was a slow big incoming that would drag out all day , the day was starting out great . We meet at the boat ramp at 7:15 and off load the skiff start the engine , pick out some shrimp and head out into the bay . It is starting nice , NOAA was finally rite on a forcast , with flat bays , a little chill in the air we headed out to the main channel to be greeted to a small pin hole leak in the fuel bulb . Well with a dead engine we made the best of it , we used the trolling motor for 5 hrs out on the bay . It was slow with a little cursing the boat , but did manage 1 Trout , 1 Red , and a beautiful day out on the bay Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	22085
    We tried it again 2\22 , with the engine fixed , batteries charged , and another beautiful day forcasted we headed out to greet the incoming tide out at the pass . The tide was slow at first and then started running in , we managed 1 Pompano on a shrimp . We went from their to another spot in the back were the water was alittle darker , had a couple of hits but nothing . Wondering what was going on , I started looking , the bay was filling up with boats and the water was starting to get a little dirty , it is what matters in Estero Bay . The day was not a total loss we had a good time , the boat ran great , and we put a couple of Trout in the box . Should have ran to the back back , hope some fo you guys had better days , I know thats fishing . Keep the Lines Tight and respect the bay and the fishermen that fish there .
    JSTickum

good to see someone is getting out on the water.

Regional Administrator Triple Threat 33T's Avatar
    Hey you gotta take the good with the bad guys. A couple of slow days after 7 weeks of lighting it up isn't all that bad.

Tight work. Thanks for the report.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

jim, thanks for the ride. enjoyed you son mark..............nice kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. John Deering View Post
    jim, thanks for the ride. enjoyed you son mark..............nice kid.
    No prob John , glad you could make it out with us , have a great season up north with your charters and look me up when you get back down south

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat 33T View Post
    Hey you gotta take the good with the bad guys. A couple of slow days after 7 weeks of lighting it up isn't all that bad.

Tight work. Thanks for the report.
    For sure seeing winter is the worse time in the bay to fish , thank God for no floaters , and spring is just around the corner and I can not wait after this winter , thanks for the good reveiw