windy and nasty, but caught fish 2-26-2012

Florida Sportsman

windy and nasty, but caught fish 2-26-2012

went way back in the st lucie river today to get out of the wind. caught a couple reds and about 10 or so snook. also caught a bunch of jacks and lady fish. most fish were taken on DOA shrimp, capt joes jigs, and rattletraps. worked hard for our fish today, but it payed off in the end. wind was blowing good and water was still a little cold for some of my favirite snook spots. had a good day though and jumped a small tarpon.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work... I think it goes something like that

Martin Local..

Very cool!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time.. and did some catching to boot!

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

You had a good time what more to ask for. The race was canceled till tomorrow anyway.

yeah, guys. thanks. had fun caught some quality fish. not quite picture worthy but still quality fish and bent some rods. that is the thing i love about our area is the ability to always find some good fishing from dolphin and sails to bass and spec, plus all the fish in the middle. i love to be able to do it all either on the big rods or hand tied flies. i caught some nice snook today one of my favorite fish so it was a day well spent. didn't even have to DVR the race. all is well