Been a while, but worth a shot

Florida Sportsman

Been a while, but worth a shot

Had my yak stolen a few years ago. It was a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120, Orange, with a black Wilderness Systems rudder. Two flushmount rod holders behind the seat, small patch job on the bottom from some oyster rash from a Jax trip. The back carry handle broke so I had to replace it with pvc. Homemade anchor trolly system on the port side. Broken cover off of the front storage hatch, so that was patched as well. Bail out sponge in a Crown Royal bag in the center compartment in case of leaks. Was stolen out of a boat storage area in my old condo complex in Orlando (off of OBT). She was worn but I loved her, if anyone sees a yak fitting this description please let me know.

Thanks

Sorry for the loss... Anytime something is stolen it can really piss people off.

Food for thought from a fellow WS fan. Since you said it was a few years old... WS merged with Perception and they make the exact model T120 called the Pescador 12 sold at D_cks and sports authority. There is no rudder and the quality in the plastic may be a little less, but a friend of mine just got one on sale at D_cks for $375. It is a great deal and don't let my quality remark steer you away. They go on sale frequently in store and come with two rod holders and an anchor.

If you are looking for a new Tarpon 120, then you would be impressed with the new layout and the Phase 3 seat. The rest is still the same kayak...
    Last edited by Captain Yak; 02-25-2012 at 03:06 AM.

If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yak View Post
    Since you said it was a few years old... WS merged with Perception and they make the exact model T120 called the Pescador 12 sold at D_cks and sports authority. There is no rudder and the quality in the plastic may be a little less, but a friend of mine just got one on sale at D_cks for $375. It is a great deal and don't let my quality remark steer you away. They go on sale frequently in store and come with two rod holders.
    When was this and which store ? That's a great price !!!

Three weeks ago we were at sports authority in fort lauderdale looking at them for $600. One of my other friends got one from D_cks for $400 a few months back so I called D_cks in Plantation to see if they were on sale. They were on sale for $375 and sports authority was willing to match the price. My buddy got a great deal. Call D_cks and see if they have them on sale. Also, Do NOT go by there internet price. The one on the net is a different model not carried in store. Good luck.

If you don't lose, you will eventually win.
    - Helio Gracie

Links:
    YouTube - SoFlo Kayak Fishing
    Valente Brother's Jiu-Jitsu Fort Lauderdale

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Might look into that. Been spending all my money on other hobbies since my brother lives close and has a canoe and a Malibu X-Fatcor 14 (and a 2 year old who keeps him from having too much fun.. I'll get another eventually, especially since I still have the paddle, low profile inflatable life vest, anchor, seat cushion, milk crate, kayak tackle box, scupper plugs... the list goes on. If nothing more, I'd love to just track down the person who stole it and give them a piece of my mind. Idea came slipping through the radio static after catching and confronting a kid in my brother's neighborhood who was stealing items from peoples' cars, right from their driveways. Punk 20 year old who doesn't know the value of hard work, an earned dollar, or a good neighbor.

WS merged with Perception and they make the exact model T120 called the Pescador 12 sold at D_cks and sports authority.
    I always thought the pescador looked like a stripped down twin of the T120. I was looking at this model when window shopping for mine.

Charlotte harbor, Myaka River, Peace River, Pine Island and plan on lots of travel.
    Nothing worse than a thieve. A vet up in PCB just had his stole also. People that steal are scum. One reason so many people by a yak is because a boat is to expensive. For me a yak is a lot. Then they ripoff people's most prized thing because they Are just scum.