cobia 2/23 - Page 9

Florida Sportsman

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: cobia 2/23

Quote Originally Posted by Slug-O View Post

Edit.. Your one post ahead of me...
    Tag...you're it!

Well that'll be an easy $1000 for Brad.

Good luck! I'd like to get out there, know very little about it, but I can surely put a lure in one's face and I can get away during the week. Let me know if you guys have a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    Well that'll be an easy $1000 for Brad.

Good luck! I'd like to get out there, know very little about it, but I can surely put a lure in one's face and I can get away during the week. Let me know if you guys have a spot.
    lol.
    I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

I'll be out next week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday, monday, Tuesday and wednesday the following week and would love the opportunity to go with someone that has know how.... My boat or yours, never been and would love to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkatak1089 View Post
    lol.
    Ok, I'm sure you're a badazz. I just wouldn't want to compare fishing 1099s with Brad.

HuntressJax
    [QUOTE=Underslot;504356]funny thing is that they never leave, unless you guys are getting them on the beach you're not giving away anything secret. Anyone can catch a Cobia out deep ALL year round - great catch on the way in from offshore. Unless I see land in the pics... whatev![/QU

You seem to sure know everything Underslot. Wish I had the skill and experience. Just an admirer cause it is rare for someone to be so good.

HuntressJax
    Quote Originally Posted by brad safreed View Post

I will even offer to give you your $1000.00 back for a deposit on an Egret. After you fish with me, you will want one.
    The Egrit clan is an interesting group. I fished on the very first Egrit in Islamorda in 1984 with Capt Jamie Brodie. Jamie has long since died. I have fished on 8 different Egrits and they are fine boats with premium finish and performance. I have also spent a week in Miami having warranty work done on a 6 month old boat 18' because the transom fractured. An attorney friend of mine owned it and I volunteered to take it down because I talked him into buying the boat. Bottom line, they are great boats but they dont make great fisherman. If owning a 50K 18' flats boat makes you a king, congradulations.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntressJax View Post
    The Egrit clan is an interesting group. I fished on the very first Egrit in Islamorda in 1984 with Capt Jamie Brodie. Jamie has long since died. I have fished on 8 different Egrits and they are fine boats with premium finish and performance. I have also spent a week in Miami having warranty work done on a 6 month old boat 18' because the transom fractured. An attorney friend of mine owned it and I volunteered to take it down because I talked him into buying the boat. Bottom line, they are great boats but they dont make great fisherman. If owning a 50K 18' flats boat makes you a king, congradulations.
    Actually, I probably caught more fish out of my last 2 Action Crafts but when the opportunity to own the best boat in it's class came along, I had to jump on it.

Secondly, price any of the upper tier flats boats in the 18-19' range and they are all approaching the 50k mark.

King? I don't think so. Great fisherman? My son thinks so and that is all that matters to me.

Keep your congratulations to yourself. I don't need them.

Ha - this thread has over 4200 views.

HuntressJax
    [QUOTE=brad safreed;513949]Actually, I probably caught more fish out of my last 2 Action Crafts but when the opportunity to own the best boat in it's class came along, I had to jump on it.

Secondly, price any of the upper tier flats boats in the 18-19' range and they are all approaching the 50k mark.

King? I don't think so. Great fisherman? My son thinks so and that is all that matters to me.

Keep your congratulations to yourself. I don't need them.[/QUOTE

Your response demonstrates my point about many Egrit owners. "Best in its class"? Most of us would consider draft a huge priority for a "flats" boat. Sorry Brad, 9 inches is not "best in its class" with respect to draft. Others consider sound a huge deal. Egrit is good but hardley "best in its class". Others consider weight, Egrit even with Kevlar is heavier then a hand full. The point is this, I have read your and other posts on other sites as if the Egrit is the be all end all boat. And I agree it is a great boat. But boats are like women, there is no perfect one. You most likely will disagree but I have been in a kevlar Egrit while another high end "flats boat" was able to get to the fish when we could not. So I guess it comes down to what matters. I will continue to come off plane when passing you in the ICW while you are working a bank. Tight lines.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast