Repowering - Looking for Stats / Numbers - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How much are you trimming the motor up after you get onto plane? It almost sounds like the motor is trimmed too far down from the way you describe the speed, rpms and torque/lean. We do need to find a time when you can come out on mine and compare the difference.

I am trimming up around 30% which I belive is how it reads. I have had it as high as 45, and depending on load, sea condition and all it will start to porpoise (an indication it is trimmed up too far). I usually trim till it porpoises then drop it till it stops. I am for sure not seeing your kinds of numbers. We should go fishing together sometime, down there or up here doesn't matter. As much as I hate to admit it I am just biding my time enoying this boat till the next upgrade comes along. Not sure what it will be, or even when as I am not looking yet, just starting to compile a list of possibilities.

I have an 02 2350 built in April, and it was built after they moved the tank forward. Strange but mine always leans to the left also, but I think it's worse with more fuel. I always thought the tank was alittle off center.

I have been noticing the amount of lean and trim tab required has a lot to do with amount of weight forward. It seems to make the most difference as my fresh water tank is full or empty. Seems to have something to do with it. Have yet to totally figure it out, just observations.

Interesting. My 2012 2150 with 225 Suzuki runs with a significant list to port as well. I usually end up having to run one tab full up and one tab full down. Also can't trim more than about 10% before the porpoising gets pretty annoying. My boat runs very bow high and it's impossible to drop the bow in a head sea. I'm working with a prop shop now that believes the engine is mounted too low and the boat needs a stern lifting 4 blade prop like a Bravo 1. I'm also looking at what it would take to move the batteries from the transom area to the console or front floor box. I think the engine may be a little heavy for the boat.

Good old 'gangster lean'. Many folks on this board had or have it. I wouldn't have a BW w/o tabs as a result.
    Stern weight is an interesting point in this -- my current 200 on my 2350 strikes me as so much lighter than anything I could repower with these days.

Chad, do you know the weight of the 225 you replaced compared to the 300 you're running now? Chad and others have reported such good results with the Suzy 300 that I'd have to make it a top contender if I were to get serious about a repower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12