Canaveral 2-18. February Filets. Dolphin are here!!!

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    30

    Canaveral 2-18. February Filets. Dolphin are here!!!

    Headed out of the port at day light and headed East to clean, warm water. Finally found it at the Stream edge in 400 ft. Sitting there was a nice rip with weeds on it. Weather report called for winds to kick up in the afternoon but they gave us a nice window until 3 or so.
    We also got stopped by "the man" out 34 miles. We have never seen them out that far before, but they wanted to see what we were up to. They never boarded but just asked us some questions and wanted to see our fish.
    We had steady dolphin action from 9-1pm. Bait of choice was naked swimming 'hoo. Had a couple knock downs on the down rigger but couldn't find a wahoo to bring home. Ended up with 13 fish with the biggest at 17lbs. A good day for a February.



  2. #2
    Senior Member Devil Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Callahan Florida
    Posts
    108
    Nice work

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    208
    Beutiful , just beautifull. I'm glad you got back ok. The wind really picked up.
    Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner
    www.ancientmarinertackle.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oviedo , Fl
    Posts
    133
    Congrats on a great day! heard alot of phins came in on sat, crazy that theres that many around in feb, hope they dont leave early

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    87
    what is the man doing 34 miles offshore....interesting

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St.Petersburg Fl
    Posts
    800
    Nice work !

  7. #7
    Member FinCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitner View Post
    Headed out of the port at day light and headed East to clean, warm water. Finally found it at the Stream edge in 400 ft. Sitting there was a nice rip with weeds on it. Weather report called for winds to kick up in the afternoon but they gave us a nice window until 3 or so.
    We also got stopped by "the man" out 34 miles. We have never seen them out that far before, but they wanted to see what we were up to. They never boarded but just asked us some questions and wanted to see our fish.
    We had steady dolphin action from 9-1pm. Bait of choice was naked swimming 'hoo. Had a couple knock downs on the down rigger but couldn't find a wahoo to bring home. Ended up with 13 fish with the biggest at 17lbs. A good day for a February.


    Nice job on the fish. yeah no kidding never seen the man out that far. What time did you start out. I know the fog got really bad for us around 7 to 7:30. I don't have radar so we stopped and went back northwest towards 8A. We saw a lot of schoolys running and birds. Only boated two and had 4 knock offs. Lots of action all day. and very quite not any boats around. It was nice.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    31
    Great action.. Seen that man out there before and was checked as well anchored at pelican .. nice to see our dollars at work must cost a bunch to have that size boat and crew out patroling the open ocean.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by slolem66 View Post
    Great action.. Seen that man out there before and was checked as well anchored at pelican .. nice to see our dollars at work must cost a bunch to have that size boat and crew out patroling the open ocean.
    Let's not forget, FWC's greatest concern is public safety. Personally, it's a good feeling knowing they are out there, especially 30 miles out.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLnative View Post
    Let's not forget, FWC's greatest concern is public safety. Personally, it's a good feeling knowing they are out there, especially 30 miles out.
    I agree it is nice knowing help is out there. I'm not trying to stir the pot but I thought it's the coast guards job for safety and fwc for state wild life management. I just don't understand why they are more than 3 miles out?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •