Yankee Capts 2/10-12
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Yankee Capts 2/10-12

Nature killed the bite. Weather report changed to northwest wind and cold front moving in on Sat. But we're committed and planned to stay at the rail til the wind and seas picked up. 3 kings and a few slob muttons,quite a few grouper that were returned to the sea,some porgies-but no monsters like Thelma's previous catch,and quite a few yellow tail. But sad to report,only 3 tubs. Chad said it best,"triangle of death." Chad,Lyndan,and Josh did an awesome job getting everyone untangled and making sure we had a good time despite disappointing cold wind and rough seas. Greg and Matt put us on the fish until high seas demanded safety be the priorty. When Jarbas said he wanted to go home,I knew this trip was done. I will never forget when he hooked a fish at the bow and had to run to stern. "Run Jarbas run" was yelled and we learned all he got was a workout. Fish got away. Thank you Cameron for saying hello and that you recognized us from previous trip. Dan,cannot thank you enough for the king filet you donated so I could make dip for Heidi aka scamp(grouper)aka J-Lo(YC mates). She and Colleen aka Snookums really enjoyed it!!
    Sloppy Joes had a killer band Sun. evening and we enjoyed an interesting and fun afternoon to evening in Key West. So glad Greg joined us for a while and gave us a ride back to our hotel!
    Snookums had a good 1st YC trip because she caught a slob mutton! Shared it with us at Calypso's in Key Largo. Sorano cream sauce made that mutton melt in your mouth. YUM!!!
    This was Heidi and Colleen's 1st YC trip. In our travels and talks,we became a new team...."Hell on Reels"....poss. Nov. trip to plan!!

I was definitely frustrated. My only two YC experiences have been tainted by bad weather. I think I may be the proverbial banana. Regardless of the weather or slow bite, those mates bust their asses to make it an enjoyable experience. Thanks to all who made it a memorable trip.

Trips like that really suck,ive been on a couple myself,on the way back home,that drive really makes u think,”Maybe I should pick another sport”.After so much time,money,preparation and sleepless nights,it really sucks to have one of those trips,but after a month or 2 of not going on the yankee capts and the dry tortugas,YOU GET THAT ITCH AGAIN,just hang in there,it pays off when u get that epic trip,when u fill up all your Cooler space with fish and get your mutton limit on slob muttons

I agree. Hang in there because one thing is for sure, Capt's Greg and Matt do all that they can to put you on fish. Weather can't be controlled but the efforts can and the YC is know for doing all that they can to put their customers on fish.

Juan

Yep after a couple bad weather trips in a row at least you can feel good knowing your due for a fair weather mutton massacre.

I feel your pain. It sucks when it happens but we've all been there. The only solution is to get right back up on the horse!!

Surprised that the inside reef fishery was shut down too when the weather/tide is uncooperative, mangs, porgy, yt that could help fill the bags till the . Will chum work for days like these and make a big difference to unlock them jaws just enough to make a decent dinner? Will it be worse to ring in the pesky jaws. Anyone with experience on this last straw effort?

Louise I will recommend OCTOBER much better month than November. Done the trip several times and October always is the month I have to call friends and family to come and get some because I don't have enough freezer space. When at sea Mother Nature is King, we just go to enjoy her bounty.

I second that, October is a great month to fish. Thanks for the report, too bad the front shut everything down, same thing happened with our fishing last week, but it picked up a little this week.

Cape Coral Fla, was Long Island for 52 years
    I third that with Otcober, slow for the rest of the Keys but fishing lights up!
    Capt Bill