2/10 Lagoon

Florida Sportsman

Thread: 2/10 Lagoon

2/10 Lagoon

Today was kind of like summer (only not 100 degrees) the water level was up and it was calm in the morning, caught a trout before sunrise and then it rained in the afternoon.
    Anyway, fished middle lagoon with fairly good success caught a trout and a few reds really early. The water was up by a noticeable amount and very very clear, just beautiful. Fish were tailing and I got several great shots at singles, small groups and one school. Saw a few blue crabs nervously wandering the flat and several shrimp jumping up around tailing fish as well as plenty of baitfish... they are eating GOOD out there! Caught ten reds, one trout and one stingray... definitely a new fly rod first for me. got off the water before 1:00 and of course it started raining as soon as I showed up at the ramp. Hope some of you guys got out today because this weekend looks terrible plenty of time to prepare for next weekend though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2monkew.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	20272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11uxge1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	20273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98ve46.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	20274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	257ltz8.jpg 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	20275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3ibg6.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	20276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zthn4.jpg 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	20277

Nice way to beat the bad weather. Do you find the bite normaly dies off by mid day?

really depends on the day, usually the wind picks up in the afternoon so I head in - being in a kayak once i start blowing around and cant see tails the fishing heads down hill.

Nice work man. Sucks about this weekend!

Looks like you had a nice day glad you were able to get out there and get on some fish in between all the dang wind. Thanks for the report man

are you able to fly fish and sit in the yak or do you stand? I'm thinkin of gettin a yak, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcsnook View Post
    are you able to fly fish and sit in the yak or do you stand? I'm thinkin of gettin a yak, thanks
    I stay seated, with practice it really isn't a big deal. When you shop for kayaks look for ones without any crap on the bottom, like hatches, or rod holders you want to keep the deck as clean as possible for your line. I use a heritage redfish, which is now just a Native Watercraft redfish, there is also the Native Ultimate which is great for fly fishing, and a lot of people are able to stand in them