TGIM(thank goodness its monday)

Florida Sportsman

TGIM(thank goodness its monday)

well it starts out last friday. i went to stuart with my big boat for some night time snookin on saturday, all me and my girlfriend caught was a red, out of a docklight with 30 snook in it!!!!! and 2 jacks. so i came home sunday night eager to redem myself in my familar home waters and that i did. i dont work mondays so it was hard to find a fishing partner at 10 am when i woke up but i managed. my buddy josh was already wade fishing when i called so i said stay there and i hit the ramp. i picked him up off the water with hime just wearing wader. haha. first flat was one me and my girlfriend fished 2 weeks before where we had caught large trout every cast and double hooked up reds a few times near titusville. we pulled up to what seemed like a vacant flat, but as we worked up the bank northward we hit a mullet school and trout bite fired up! 2 double hook ups in 15 minutes. 8 trout like these Click image for larger version. 

Name:	djl.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	20547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dgfdfg.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	20548 and then farther up we hooked this guy Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjfg.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	20549. we worked the flat a little more to find a school of underslot reds i managed to pull one out. after we migrated from spot to spot around titusville trying find more action but all we got was ladyfish and a few more trout around 20 inches.

monday number 2!!!!
    after a very cold and WINDY weekend i decided monday was a sure bet with the same comrade as last week and my girlfriend. so we set out this morning on my gheenoe to mosquito lagoon before sunrise. with frost on my boat!!! doubled every article of clothing then a normal cold spell. 2 jackets, 2 pairs of socks, double gloves and so on. we hit biolab at sunrise to see a whitecapped lagoon and our excitment quickly changed. we drove all that way so we tried anyway, 3 people on a 13 ft highsider! chop was spraying us and we were miserable as we crossed the lagoon. we hit our destination to find nothing at all! we trolling motored around for 2 hour hoping to find anything to even get our hopes up to fish. nothing. so i dropped the motor down out of spite and being miserable and ran the flat south to find more nothing, hoping to even spook a single soul out there to make frostbie a lil worth it. nothing so i went back to the ramp by 9! my girlfriend got in her van to go to work in port st lucie and it was me and josh again. i decided the war was not over and we would move into my most fimilar area again, around titusville. we were back on the water by 10 in the irl. we pulled onto the flat and cut the motor, no sooner we cut it we were on the fish. a big school of blacks appeared and it was game time. live shrimp and gulps. a double hook up was how it started. i watched a black chase and tail on my gulp jerkbait and josh a fat upper to overslot red on gulp shrimp. and from there it was wild. with THOUSANDS of black drum coming out to play and some gaint reds mixed in. tailing everywhere litterly. the action died out the same time as out trolling motor and our shrimp supply.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cghkh.jpg 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	20553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chn.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	20554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	djgf.jpg 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	20555Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjff.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	20556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjgb.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	20557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjhf.jpg 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	20558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjhykf.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	20559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gjhgb.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	20560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hjb.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	20561 grand total for today me 6 black drum and a very large red and josh 5 blacks and nice red. everything released except one black drum for dinner tonight. i cant wait to see what next monday has in store for us because these ones have been awesome

Nice report! man I love fishing mondays
    I fished the lagoon with similar results as you but never got over to the irl, apparently I should have! that is just awesome dude I'm jealous about those black drum

Dude.... What do I have to do to join you in some of that action? I mean, if you want me first born, I can totally swing that. Sounds like a SICK day! Seriously, if you ever have room (on any day other than Monday, cause that is a solid work day for me) I'd totally pitch; small price to pay for something as awesome as Huge Trout, Blacks and Monster Reds!

thanks! im just excited to finally be done building both my boats so now i try to keep my coon eyes 24/7. im always down to fish with new people because you can always learn something and meet some great friends. heres a picture from the first monday i missed of the bottom slot red Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fgcf.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	20609

Nice buch of fish, great job. How shallow will the highsider float, with two adults?

Well my highsider floats in 4" with trolling motor battery, trolling motor, 8hp yamaha, 3 gallons of fuel, gear and 2 guys. Plus I rebuilt it, adding decks and hatches making it about 15 more pounds heavier then a regular highsider. I wiegh 190pds and my buddy 120. That's a ton of wieght

Some great looking fish! Still waiting to hook my first black..hoping these winds die down soon. Thanks for the report!