Beach fishing
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOSSTORE

Thread: Beach fishing

Beach fishing

Hi everyone,
    I'll be coming to Bonita Springs the first week of July and plan to walk the beach with my spinning rod just to try my hand at it. I'm planning to fish mostly in the mornings, so what lures would be good to toss around?

White Bucktail, sometimes I'll add a small soft plastic with a paddle tail to it
    On really calm mornings I've had some luck throwing a top water, like a chug bug or zara spook

i have always had luck with a yo-zuir pins minnow with a green top silver sides. just change the hooks out to some better hooks.

So do you guys tie directly to the lure or use some type of leader? Sorry for so many dumb questions but I'm trying to learn something new to me. Fished 50 years in fresh water only!

I usually use about 2' of 30lb seaguar fluorocarbon leader then a loop knot at the bucktail.

I would keep my leader at 30lbs fluoro with a double uni to my 10-15lbs braided main line. Also, watch your shadows on the water in the early morning since you'll be back lit by the sun. Have had decent luck over there catching snook in the morning that time of year. I would concentrate on stretches of beach close to the cuts/passes as that is where most of the spawning activity takes place. Good luck and tight lines.