frozen red fish head onboard vessel - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It clearly states that once it has been processed at home and placed on ice it can be transported. "transporting" includes by boat.
    "...Things to keep in mind are: Once the fish are processed and placed in a freezer (not a cooler) at a residence (e.g., their permanent home, a mobile home or motel catering to anglers), they become a food product. From that point on there is no longer a limit on them. So for instance, if someone is fishing all winter and keeps processing their catch and adding fish to their freezer, then puts them on ice to transport someplace else, they can exceed the possession limit."
    Truth is that people are people. and people aren't good. let a cop stop you for going 6MPH over the speed limit after he just got back in his cruiser from doing a traffic homicide as a result of speeding and see what you get. The same officer 5 minutes before that event would have been in a different frame of mind and might not have even stopped you.
    Society has placed an enormous right with LEO's of all the branches... and most do not handle it well, most of the time. An LEO has alot of discretion..both to let you go or harass the crap out of you. And most of them get it wrong alot of the time. I hate even seeing a cop nowadays. There is no telling what the man is going to do... it all depends on if the "Hot Donuts" light was lit at the last Krispy kreme he went by, or his wife has filed for divorce, or he didn't get the police car he wanted...or....

To the poster that was an asst DA. you stated you were associated with more than one case which pertained to the topic but you never gave ANY info as to the verdicts and why..would you please tell us?

It also clearly states that the limit can be exceeded after they have been processed and transported which means when you take them out of the house they come under regulation again as you pointed out in the highlighted paragraph. Last sentence.
    The law also states red fish have to be in whole condition while on the water. Does not say you can have head only, or bagged filets. Whole condition only while on water. You cannot transport filets in a boat on the water.
    Last edited by Roc N Rol; 02-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.

i sometimes stick whole fish (snook) in a garbage bag and put them in a freezer for a day or two, before i clean them. sometimes, all of my buddies' fish go in the freezer from that night (sometimes 3 or 4 snook). when it comes time to clean them, i throw the frozen solid fish (3 or 4) in a big cooler, and transport them by myself to a buddy's dock to clean them. how illegal is this?
    I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Senior Member Sopchoppy Redneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roc N Rol View Post
    Hey SOP you should have stopped drinking instead of reading. If you had of read the next sentence after what you highlighted you would have read that once you take them out of the house in a cooler they once again become regulated.
    Boy, I bet you make a lot of friends with smarta$$ remarks like that!!
    The FACT is, that once the fish are cleaned and frozen, you have a very good chance of beating any ticket due to the fact that they have stated that the fish has become a FOOD product and I doubt that most FWC officers would even give you a ticket!!
    That being said, I doubt that any of the above covers the possession of a fish carcass on a boat

Wasn't being a smarta$$ you are the one that said you gave up reading instead of alcohol in your avitar. But LOL if i wrote anything that offended you please let me know so I can print it again later.

Senior Member Sopchoppy Redneck's Avatar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234