How long can smoked ribs be stored?

Florida Sportsman

How long can smoked ribs be stored?

We just got back from Asheville and got some bbq / smoked ribs from 12 Bones. How long can you keep deeply smoked ribs in the fridge?

D

I think a week at most, but I'd eat them sooner if possible. You don't know how long 12 bones had them prior to smoking them.
    I'll think of something witty to put here.....

exactly..everyday they go down hill a bit more

If you had froze them and vacuumed sealed them, up to 3 months.

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Banned
    I can't imagine them lastin long in my fridge

Personally I don't care for smoked foods as leftovers. Not saying I don't eat them as leftovers b/c I do all the time but not as good right out fo smoker

We ate them last night and they were excellent re-heated.

My question was more along the line of food preservation. Smoking meat used to be a way preserve it if you were going to pack into the mountains, etc. So when we purchased these ribs , they were deeply smoked and it got me thinking about smoking to preserve meat.

If it were unrefridgerated and intended to store, is there a difference in how you smoke it? must it also be salted?

D

I think it would have to be salted or "cured" to be able to store without refrigeration for an extended time. I know that smoking can help to preserve the meat, but I don't know how long it would be good.

My main concern is the age of the meat prior to being cured or smoked. When keeping restaurant leftovers keep in mind that the restaurant may prepare it on the "sell by" date, which is fine and the food is OK that day, but if the customer takes the leftovers home not knowing that the food was about to "turn" right before it was cooked this may present an issue.
    I'll think of something witty to put here.....

Banned
    Have you consumed the ribs yet?