Team Canada 3/10 - 3/16.

Florida Sportsman

Team Canada 3/10 - 3/16.

The musky guys made a return trip, driving 22hrs straight to come fish with little ol' me (no pressure right?). John (my home-made maple syrup hookup) came down a few days early, and was rewarded with a personal best seatrout and redfish. We were blessed with gin clear water, and breezy conditions, which I consider perfect for targeting large trout (if it's flat just go home). John had one day where he landed 9 trout over 20", and I matched him fish for fish, so that's not bad fishing in my book. Don, Gary, and Brad showed up a couple days later, and my favorite water had already been beat to hell by me and john, so we had to do some scouting. The scouting paid off, and everyone caught fish every day. Nobody got skunked, which was the goal. We saw some exceptional fish, which thrilled the guys to no end even though we had issues getting them to take our flies the last 2 days. They definately got the show, and at one point on Thursday we were literally surrounded by over-slot snook, which wouldn't even give us the dignity of spooking out. They just sat there staring at us. Weird. Anyway, I spent the afternoon at the ER today, and I'm on various controlled substances at the moment, so if this report is a little convoluted I promise I'll clean it up once I'm feeling better.

Here's John with a nice fatty trout.

Johns first slot redfish.

And of course the obligatory pic of the elusive Florida alpaca.

Here's a picture of Don with what was probably the smallest trout of his visit.

And Don, taking a break after beating up a bunch of rats.

Just for the record, these guys fished 11hrs on foot for 5 days in a row and kept a smile on their face the entire time. I've never fished with a more die-hard group of guys in my life, and they still managed keep it fun. Great week, can't wait til they come back.

Wow good catch, that alpaca in the middle is like wtf! The dude taking a picture of me... With what did you guys catch those trout with, if you don't mind me asking?
    My second (wife)... My 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS (LS6).

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1989 View Post
    Wow good catch, that alpaca in the middle is like wtf! The dude taking a picture of me... With what did you guys catch those trout with, if you don't mind me asking?

John and I were using soft hackle streamers most of the time (big white ones with pink flash, tied on 1/0 gami SS15's), and Don is one of those guys who has no interest in fishing anything other than poppers and deer hair bugs.

That first trout was a fattie!!

Capt. Jon Bull
    Shadowcast Charters
    2013 Ankona Native SUV 17

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcast View Post
    That first trout was a fattie!!

I'm waiting on pics from Johns camera, I got a 31" on Tuesday. Don picked up one that taped out at 28", but pics are on Gary's camera. Like I said, I did a pretty weak job of documenting their trip. Luckily they knew to take their own pictures with their own cameras.

Sounds like a fun week, and they have the right guy, to get the job done. Hope the trip to the ER was nothing to bad, no fun comes from that. awesome fish.