Using dead/frozen google eye?

Florida Sportsman

Using dead/frozen google eye?

Hey guys I was wondering the best uses for goggle eye I have caught and froze. I know they are great for a variety of fish live, but what about after freezing them. I'm just gettin down the technique for catchin them and had some extra's the last time I went for them. Basically they went from live to the freezer. Any tips would be great.

Thanks!
    Kellan

Fresh frozen are fine for bottom fishing, not as good as fresh, but will definitely work in a pinch. When I freeze them, I put them in a brine solution as soon as I catch them to get them super chilled, then I dry them well with paper towels and vacuum seal them 4-6 to a pack with the food saver. Keep them frozen until you are ready to use, and only thaw one pack at a time. The longer they sit thawed, the mushier they will get.

Troll em high with a skirt...on the bait. Drop em low and snapper can't resist!

Cool thanks salty and phishing, I will try the brine solution next time I know I'm going to keep em. Been meaning to get a vac sealer. Will any skirt/color work? Just something with a hook covered by the skirt? Hook the gog through the nose for trolling? As for bottom are you guys keeping them whole?

Thanks again for the tips

Color can vary from day to day, just get somethin flashy that supports some natural bait coloring. Whole or cut...you will lose ALOT more bait with it cut, but get more action at the same time.

Ok thanks!