169 Ghost Question to owners

Florida Sportsman

169 Ghost Question to owners

I bought a 2005 169 Ghost a few months back and love it. However I hate that it is factory with a 12V trolling motor. I am a "Seek and Destroy" style fisherman who is hard on the trolling motor. Would adding a 24v system and adding the batteries to the front hatch change the boat performance. I have noticed that the boat is very sensitive to weight changes. I have seen other boats with this set up, but I don't want to commit to it if will have any adverse affects.

Thanks for any help!

First decide on what batteries you want to use. Get the total weight of these two batteries and find something equivalent in weight; blocks or bricks. Place them in the hatch where you are thinking to mount the batteries and put her in the water and go for a spin. This way you will see for yourself how it reacts running, with you on the bow, second angler etc.etc

For what its worth I have a 2006 169 with a 24V system. 3 batts in my console along with an AC & DC charger. Front hatch is for storage.

Good Luck

Thank you for your help!

I didn't think of placing an equal amount of weight up front. I will probably look into placing three in the console. It would be a tight fit, but all of the wiring is already there.

Thanks again! Tight Lines

I have a 2005 169 Ghost, it has a 24 volt trolling motor with 3 batts under the console,
    and it runs great, the boat is very well balanced, even with a full tank of fuel.
    Fish, it's whats for dinner...

You will want to add approximately 50 pounds in the compartment along with the trolling motor battery you have to evaluate how the boat will sit and handle. You can use sand bags to add the extra weight. After adding weight take the boat out to see how it handles. If you are satisfied with how the boat handles and you wish to change it to a 24V system, you can remove the battery out of the front (trolling motor or anchor locker) and move it to the front storage. You will need to position the batteries over the stringers for strength. To find the stringers look at the fuel lid on the outboard side of the lid is the edge of the inner stringer. Be sure to drill a hole and install a vent in the compartment so it can vent the hydrogen gas the batteries will put off.

Group 27 batteries are lighter in weight, or if you can get by with the group 24 batteries you can save even more weight.

I hope this helps.

My 2005 Ghost 169 performs very well with a 24 volt system and the batteries in the center console.

I need a rub rail insert and new decal for 2003 169

Ranger Parts

Quote Originally Posted by gttony View Post
    I need a rub rail insert and new decal for 2003 169
    You have a couple of options when looking for parts for your Ranger Boat. First, you can contact your local authorized Ranger Dealership. They may have the more common parts in stock and should be able to order other parts that you may need for your Ranger boat. A second option that is available to you is to call the Ranger parts department at the facotry. They can be reached at 1-800-724-7273. They are available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM CST. They can assist you with finding parts, part numbers, pricing, and even ordering over the phone. They should be able to assist you with finding the replacment parts that you need. Please be sure to have your boat's serial number handy when you call.

Best regards

Ranger Boats HQ